One hell of a year

Harry feels terrible, something between guilt and rage, he has to remind himself that during that time Draco was not his friend, he had no duty towards his whatsoever...

The thing is that he did, because that's what you do when you care about someone, protect them, take care of them, love them... and there it is, the thing he so desperately had tried to hide for so long; Harry never considered the possibility of him being gay, he was so immersed in ending Tom Riddle that he never noticed the signs; the awkwardness of every time he had found himself alone with Cho, the admiration he had felt for Oliver Wood during their 3 years of playing together, how motherly his relationship with Ginny had felt, she was Harry's safe place, comfort source, everything he never had due to Lily's absence, and the most obvious of them all: that obsession that got stronger as the years passed, in his supposed nemesis Draco Malfoy...

After the war, in the two months it took him to pick up training, he had finally realized what all those things were, it also seemed like he was the last one to realize it, George and Ron had been betting on how long it would take Harry to come out, Mrs. Weasley had said she hadn't expected any different from Sirius godson, which had come as a surprise, and finally Ginny... Ginny had been the worst, because he really didn't want to hurt her, but he just couldn't return the feelings, he needn't have worried though, she was as cool as ever, told him he just wanted him to be happy, and everything had gone on as normal as ever, apart from Ron trying to set him up with every guy they met, the things at the Weasleys place were nice as always, Harry hadn't really felt any difference until tonight, because if coming to terms with his sexuality had been difficult, his feelings for Draco were uncharted territory, somewhere he didn't want to step in because it was too confusing, it hurt, so he let it be... until now, that guilt at how unfair life has been to Draco, that warm feeling his smile gives Harry, and the uncontrollable urge to reach out and take Draco's hand in his are hard to ignore. He turns his head to look at the boy lying down besides him, his eyes are closed, his blond hair is swept back by the night breeze, and his factions look just flawless, and Harry knows he's lying to himself if he says he never noticed before, because he did, and it feels good to finally be able to admit everything, even if it's just to himself [yes, I am gay. And yes, I'm in love with Draco Malfoy].

"Are you okay?" Draco asks, startling Harry a little bit, realizing he has been staring strongly at Draco for a while he blushes and turns back to the sky with a small nod "what were you thinking about?" Harry can almost see the smirk plastered on Draco's face by his tone of voice but ignores it, he's not about to declare his love for him... at least not just yet.

"About fifth year" he says and Draco makes him the courtesy of pretending to believe that.

"That was one hell of a year" Draco says with a chuckle and Harry can't help but agree, it had been exactly that, all the way from the moment those dementors turned up at Little Whinging "I heard you almost got expelled? Father saw you at the ministry of magic, he told me all about your hearing, Fudge told him, I thought it was quite unfair, but damn it was a bad year for the Ministry of Magic, bunch of idiots" Draco rolls his eyes and Harry let's out a small laugh, he likes the way Draco is when he's not trying to hide behind his manners, he likes it a lot.

"Yeah... well, it was quite a depressing year if you ask me, I had been expecting news the whole summer but no one was allowed to say anything, Dumbledore left me at the Dursleys the whole summer, and Ron and Hermiones owls were just frustrating, I was going positively crazy, or it felt like it, I can't even explain it, I felt so neglected, so left out, and it showed, I snapped at everyone for everything and even coming back to Hogwarts didn't feel as good because I had to leave Sirius behind at the Orders headquarters, and then Umbridge here was just the last straw, as if I needed all that The Boy Who's Lying bullshit thrown in my face, Seamus believed it and lots of people whispered about me behind my back, as if I hadn't gone through that enough, and then Umbridge gave me this." Harry lifts up his left hand, with the moonlight the scar looks ghostly white, which makes the words easier to read «I must not tell lies». Draco stares at Harry's hand and makes a small movement as if to take it but seems to think better about it and just tugs his sleeve down instead.

During that year Harry had been angry, very angry and all that anger hadn't always felt like his own, and it had scared him, because even after Snape explained about his connection with Voldemort and how it could be used, even after finding out he was at risk of being possessed, Harry couldn't ignore that part of that anger actually was his own... he didn't know it it was justified or not, he didn't really care, all he knew is that the only place he had ever felt at home, the place where he had learned the meaning of friendship and bravery, where all those years with the Dursleys and the psychological scars they had left seemed to be lifted of his shoulders, erased, suddenly felt just like being back in Privet Drive, and he hated it, he hated that all of his past ghosts could make him into this... into this person that was absolutely different from who he was, this angry and vengeful person he never wanted to be; because Harry felt that even without Voldemort's help, his past was enough to turn him over to the Dark side, and he had worked so hard to never let it do so, and suddenly it was that easy, unanswered questions, no information, people ignoring him, and Harry didn't recognize himself anymore...

Draco smiles sadly at Harry and the flash of white catches his attention, so he turns to see as Draco rubs the back of his left hand with the palm of his right "I must admit Muggle makeup can come in handy" he says before extending his hand up, so that its side by side with Harry's, and his heart drops because there on Draco's pale skin different words are carved, not differing that much from Harry's own, he stares at both of their hands without being able to grasp it.

"I must not tell lies" Draco mumbles sadly.

"I must obey".

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Anyone saw that one coming?

What do you guys think of Oliver Wood? I think it's such a pure character, I really like him!

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter, if you did please vote and comment!

I'm taking a plane back home tomorrow! So it might take me a week or so to upload again! See you soon guys!

Thank you for reading!