My greatest adventure

[with me by his side] Draco thinks, he never imagined a time where he would be on Harry's side, let alone by him, and hearing him say it, hearing him say that he would like it, that he actually wants Draco by his side is just overwhelming.

"That's quite nice" he mumbles and Harry smiles, a shy smile he had never seen on his face before "because I'm staying here".

Harry seems to relax and Draco lets out a small sigh, he could never leave, Harry didn't even need to worry about it, because it seems that from the moment they met back in Diagon Alley their destinies were sealed together, [who would have thought?] he thinks staring at their interlaced fingers, the warm and soft feeling of Harry's hand has Draco feeling more calm than he had felt in a long time, and it's amazing, and romantic and absolutely unexpected [who would have thought indeed...].

"So... how come you disappeared during what was supposed to be our seventh year?" Draco asks, he had always been curious, he knew Harry was probably out there, on a super important mission to defeat the Dark Lord, probably putting his life on the line to save everyone else like he always did, but then; he hadn't known for sure, he could have been dead for all Draco knew, and even if he wouldn't admit it, it had been worrying Draco.

"Well, I left right before we started school, after Bill and Fleur's wedding" Harry starts but Draco cuts in before he can keep going "A wedding? They got married? Like, in the middle of the war?".

Harry nods with an amused expression but Draco is too impressed to feel embarrassed, it had been a very dark time, a very bad summer, and the air felt heavy with fear everywhere you went, people who passed you by in the street wouldn't look you in the eye... how could there be something as beautiful as a wedding in the middle of all that? How had everyone managed to have fun? To enjoy? For a moment Draco can see himself in the other side of the war, sitting by Harry while Bill said his votes to a beautifully dressed Fleur, slow dancing with Harry to the beat of a song he can't really place but already loves, twirling Hermione around, and talking nonsense with the twins, he imagines himself sitting down, surrounded by laughter and warmth, watching Harry dance with Luna and smiling at the love of his life... Draco always loved weddings, he hadn't been to many, mostly he heard about them, but then this one seems awfully wonderful compared to the cold walls and even colder people that were in the Manor at the time.

"Must've been nice" is all Draco says out loud and Harry nods "in a way it was... but it was the night the ministry fell, we had to flee, us and half the guests, our so planned run away, started like all of our adventures always did, rushed and unexpectedly".

"Tell me about it" Draco mumbles thinking about the start of the night, "I want to hear it all about your greatest adventure".

Harry lets out a small laugh "we started out at a city in the middle of England, first place Hermione thought about she said, you know her, always prepared, she had all of our stuff with her, and she took us over to a coffee shop, everything was nice until two death eaters caught up with us... during that time we didn't know the name was jinxed, we mounted our own small rebellion by calling him by his name, wasn't worth it in the end, it's what almost got us caught. We had our first near death experience of the trip not 30 minutes after we started, which was discouraging, but we kept going, we had a fake horocrux and no idea were the real one could be, turns out the person we were looking for was Sirius own brother, Regulus Black, your mothers cousin, is that right?" Draco nods, he never got to really know the black side of the family, but he knows the names nevertheless "well, we found it at last and had no way of destroying it, it was this necklace and we got around to taking turns while using it because you have no idea what it did to you... it was so, intrusive, I'd like to tell you that your thoughts didn't seem your own, but they were, the horocrux brought out the worst in you, your deepest, darkest thoughts suddenly were on the surface, you couldn't hold back from expressing them out loud, fears that were usually easily contained felt terrifying, my fear felt absolutely overwhelming, it was like fifth year again, except this time I wasn't alone on it".

Draco understands, he never really came that close to a horocrux, at least not close enough to let it engulf him, like Ginny or Harry himself, but then... father used to keep some really dark stuff hidden in the Manor, while he was a kid, he couldn't comprehend what dark magic was, it was terrifying, there's no denying that, every time he went near them, the stuff had this coldness and this evil feeling to them that used to scare Draco, as he grew up the fascination with which father stared at them, the adoration with which he carried them, started to rub out on Draco, and suddenly he found himself feeling curious about them, that was until 6th year, when he discovered to what extent that dark magic could be used and then it lost its appeal and started scaring him more than ever, making him feel 6 years old all over again.

Draco is distracted when Harry starts talking again, "it was such a relief when we finally were able to destroy it, getting Gryffindors sword was another or my near death experiences, but that one was totally worth it".

Draco cannot think of a scenery were Harry nearly dying would be worth it, but doesn't feel like interrupting so he just nods Harry on.

"I thought of you at times" that snaps Draco's attention to his green eyes "did I ever tell you Dumbledore left me the snitch I caught on my first game on his will?".

That Draco hadn't known, he didn't even know Dumbledore had left a will, let alone what figured in it, so he shakes his head and Harry picks up were he left.

"Well, he did, and I don't know if you've heard but they have memory, nobody touches a snitch until the seeker does, so it was supposed to remember my touch right?" Draco had known that "but then when the minister handed it to me, it did nothing, and I tried everything, I needed something, anything, to prove that Dumbledore knew what he was doing, that he knew somehow what I was doing and that he approved, but nothing happened... until one day, when I was thinking of that first quidditch match, and I remembered you, saying a wide mouthed frog could replace me as seeker, not a very nice thing to say..." Draco drops his stare abashed, he remembers that, and he remember why he said it, and it was out of sheer jealousy, but Harry just smiles and squeezes his hand "the thing is, that's when I realized I didn't catch my first snitch with my hand, but with my mouth, and the snitch did remember, {I open at the close} it said... I wouldn't realize what it meant until way later, but it was nice to have something new after being stationary for so long".

Draco smiles a little, it's nice to think that somehow, wherever Harry was at the time he thought of him, because believe it or not, Draco had been doing the exact same thing, "it's nice to hear you thought of me during your great adventure".

Harry shrugs "I wouldn't call it that big of an adventure, I think better ones are to come" the look he gives Draco gives him the strong urge to kiss him.

"I think you're set to be my greatest adventure Draco".

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Oh my god guys, I can't believe it took me this long to update, I truly am so sorry!

School has been crazy, keeping me too busy to write, too busy to read, I missed you!

But here it is, I promise I'll update the next chapter soon, sadly it is probably the last one):

Thank you for keeping up with me! Hope you enjoy the chapter, if so please tell me what you think in the comments, I love reading them!

Love you guys!