seventeen

[ hello. ]

*Liam's POV*

"That bastard, I just don't get it. If I knew, I would have never let you anywhere near him" Louis hissed as he glared at the blank tv screen. I wish Harry was here instead of Louis. Honestly, I love Louis but he isn't helping my mood get any better by sitting there, talking on and on about what Zayn did. 

I wanted to forget about it, pretend it was all just a very bad nightmare but being with Louis just reminded me that there was no way I could leave this behind me. 

It was a part of me; Zayn was part of me. 

But not the part I wanted him to be. He was the part that I hated. 

"You have to forget about him, yeah? Just leave him behind. I know will hard but its something you have d--"

"Stop! Just stop, please. Don't talk about him, please. I can--"

My phone lights up beside me, vibrating for a split second before falling slight. I hoped it was Harry, informing me that he was on his way back. As much as I appreciated Louis being here, he wasn't the person that I wanted at the moment. Not if he kept going on about everything that happened. He only managed to light up those events; bring them back to me. 

Zaynie messed up his game but I wouldn't, babe ;)

- RedAce

At the sight of that name, my phone slipped out of my hands landing straight on the carpetted floor. I didn't reach down to pick it up not when my thoughts were running around in a frenzy, trying to make some sense of this text. 

It wasn't Zayn. 

This was Zayn. 

"Fuck Liam, what is it?" Louis asked before he got hold off my phone. I didn't wait to see what his reaction was. There was something I had to do before. 

"I am going to see Zayn" I statedand before Louis can stop me or even say anything, I am out of the door with my phone held firmly in my hands. I hoped Zayn would be home. I realized then that I had no idea what Zayn did for a living. I didn't know if he went to college or if he worked or if he..he--

I didn't know anything about Zayn; not nearly as much as he knew about me. 

I am about to knock again when the door is pull open and Zayn's standing there, leaning against the doorway; he looks different. Sick, almost. Dark shadows circled his eyes and the colour from his face was drained. It hurt, even though everything he hand put me through, I couldn't see him like this. This wasn't Zayn. This was a person who was hurting. 

"Hey..." Zayn's eyes are wide, obviously he didn't expect me to come and visit him and he was right for expecting that. I didn't ever want to see him. 

"Can I come in?" I asked, biting the inside of my lip. Zayn nodded and stepped back, letting me in. He kicked the door shut behind me while I tried not to look around his flat; it didn't exactly bring back pleasant memories. 

"Did something happen?" Zayn asked as he brushed past, making sure not to touch me. 

"This" I breathed out. I unlocked my phone and push it towards Zayn who is watching me curiously as if expecting me to burst out crying or shouting but he looks away when I had him the phone and his eyes are widening as they run over the text message several times. 

"Li, this is-"

"I know it's not you. It wouldn't make sense. I think maybe there is someone else" I answered, biting harsher on to my lip. Zayn's eyes follow that motion causing me to stop and fake a cough which brought Zayn back to the situation. 

"You think...think there is another R-edAce?" Zayn repeated, his eyes widening as I nod. 

"Around last week, when I spend the night at yours, someone had broke into flat, they trashed my whole room dow-"

"Why are you only telling me this now?" Zayn snapped. When I glanced down, his hands were clenched into a tight fist and I almost reached out to unclench them before realizing that I couldn't do that any longer, "Liam why didn't you tell. This isn't just something you can brush off and forget about--"

"I didn't know how to tell you okay? Gosh Zayn, I was scared that you wouldn't want anything to do with me once you found but  I didn't know back then you are a part of this." 

"I just wished you had, though"

"Can we not talk about it, right now?" I snapped, snatching my phone out of Zayn's hands, "Maybe I shouldn't have come here"

Zayn shook his head before he reached over and grabbed my hand, stopping me from moving. Having his hand around my wrist just made me realize how much I actually missed his touch; the warmth of the tip of his fingers, the firmness of his grip. I missed it. 

I shouldn't.

"I am sorry. Can we just put us to the side for this? I want to help you find this person" Zayn said. 

"Yeah, just for this. 

[ so yeah...not too sure about this chapter but yeah...sorry for any errors or typos ]

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

VOTE

:)

ily. x