twenty two

[ sorry for the really late update ]

*Zayn's POV*

I reached out over to my bedside table, fumbling around until my hand wrapped around my vibrating phone. I groaned in annoyance because my it was still ringing and I had no idea who was calling me at 3 in the morning but whoever it was, was asking for a death wish. 

My screen flashed in front of me with Louis' name which immediately made me frown. I instantly sat up, using my spare hand to rub the sleep out of my hand. Maybe...I imagined that because why at 3 in the morning is Louis Tomlinson calling me - the guy hated me. 

But there must be something because Louis would never call me unless it was utterly needed. 

"There better be a very good reason as to why you are calling me right now" I grunted through the phone as I flopped back on my pillow before letting out a quick yawn. 

"Actually, I do" Louis replied coldly but there was an odd hint of fear in his voice that I had never witnessed before and I forced myself to sit up again, running a hand through my hair after I had let out sigh.

"Li's okay, right?" I suddenly asked, feeling more awake at the thought of something being wrong with Liam. It had to be something with Liam - unless Louis would never call me. I couldn't stop myself from getting out of bed at that thought because if something happened to Liam, I needed to be at his flat right now. 

"No...he's not okay-"

"Shit, what happened Louis?"

"--he's freaking out, okay? I don't know but...he had a nightmare and he wouldn't stop crying. It's really fuckin bad - and I fucking don't know- I really don't know what to do. Harry and I tried nearly every thing he wouldn't stop freaking out, it's scary Zayn. I-I have never seen him like this. You are the only who can possibly calm him down so I was hoping you wou-"

"I am on my way. Give me 30 seconds" I interrupted quickly before I disconnected the phone - I couldn't wait around for Louis to reply. I pulled on the first pair of jeans I found and grabbed the first hoodie I could get my hands on and tugged it on before rushing out of my flat, clutching my phone tightly in my hand. 

Louis already had the door and just from his expression I could tell that it was bad. Liam's flat was pretty much silent broken by Harry's urgent whispers and Liam's ear piercing sobs that made me instantly stop in my tracks. 

"Zayn, he needs you" Louis urged on from behind but he sounded just has unsure about this as I felt. 

"I know" I whispered before I pushed the door to Liam's door open. The sight had my heart clenching painfully - I couldn't do this. I couldn't see Liam sobbing in literal pain before me. 

Harry looked up, pain coating his whole face before he let go off Liam. Liam didn't even react to it, he just cuddled further into himself, sobbing into his knees as he refused to meet any of our eyes. 

"Harry, come on" Louis croake out as he grabbed Harry's arm to pull him out of the room. 

"Bu-"

"Harry. It's Zayn who Liams right now. Come on." As he brushed past me, Harry shot me a glare that said so much in that moment but I didn't have time to react on that - I couldn't think about that right not when Liam was freaking out. 

I didn't know how to approach Liam so I sat at the edge of the bed, keeping as little distance as I could between us. Liam instantly looked up, his eyes a blurry red and no longer the sweet chocolate brown I wanted them to be. His hand reached out for my and I instantly took hold of his hand and pushed myself closer to him. I expected him to push me away, especially with how distant he had been with me lately but instead his spare hand clenched to my hoodie and he brought himself closer to me, his head digging into the crook of my neck. I sighed before I wrapped my arm around him, holding him close to me. 

I didn't want him to tell me what was the nightmare was about  - not just yet neither did I want him to tell me what was bothering him because clearly something was and it wasn't just the nightmare he had. It was something else. But that all would have to wait. Right now, I just wanted Liam to get some sleep and most of all just forget about it all. I wanted him to forget what ever that nightmare was about - I knew he wouldn't be able to just yet but I had to get him to forget. 

Liam's lip brushed against my neck as his sobs silenced ever so slowly. I hugged him closer, feeling the need to comfort him further. This was one of those moments where I didn't ever want to let Liam go. 

"Do you want anything?" I asked, breaking the silence as I glanced down at Liam who immediately shook his head. 

"N-no...can you- can you stay?" Liam whispered against my skin. 

"I am here, Li. Just try and get some sleep, okay?"

[ yeah...not that much happening but I just wanted a chapter that focused on the ziam relationship a bit more so yeah . sorry for any typos/errors. ]

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

:)

x