twenty three

[ hey guys :) here's the next chapter. yay for me updating not so late this time ;) ]

*Zayn's POV*

Liam didn't get any sleep and neither did I. He would've been asleep for only about 10 minutes before he would be up, squirming uncomfortably and sobbing once again. I didn't know what his nightmare was about but at this point I frankly, didn't even want to know. Just with how it had affected Liam, I knew it had been very bad. Through everything Liam has been, he has never broke down like this. 

I felt helpless at one point last night. 

Louis had popped in several times last night, to make sure I hadn't tried to murder Liam or anything - I knew that he still didn't trust me but I was glad that he turned to me first last night. I was glad that he thought I would be the one to calm Liam down. 

After at least waking up five times, Liam was finally getting some sleep although still very restlessly. Yet, I still couldn't get myself to sleep, I wanted to be awake in case Liam recalled last night's events again. 

"You should get some sleep too" Louis announced as he stepped into the room, leaning gently against the door. He eyes stayed focus on Liam, refusing to leave the sight even for a split second as if he was afraid. 

We all felt at the edge in that moment as we had never witnessed Liam be so vulnerable. 

"I'm fine" I whispered thought a small yawn slipped out. I felt my thumb brush against Liam's arm on instinct when Liam shifted ever so slightly, digging his face futher into my neck. The slight frown on his face making wonder again what sort of nightmare had him break down completely. 

"Ok, but wake him up soon...yeah? I knew he needs to sleep but he needs to eat too" Louis stated gently, gesturing towards Liam's sleeping form. I nodded allowing Louis to finally step out of the room. 

I pushed my head back down onto Liam's pillow just about barely moving - I didn't want Liam to wake up. He needed those several hours of sleep he had missed last night but Louis was right too. Liam needed to eat and freshen - and maybe tell one of us about what exactly happened yesterday and then he was alright to go back to sleep. 

I ran a hand through Liam's hair gently, letting out a silent sigh. 

"Liam?" 

He responded almost instantly, which worried me because he still hadn't been getting a peaceful sleep. He was still on the edge. I pressed my lips against his cheek, leaving a quick kiss as he opened his eyes, shuffling in my arms making me remove my arms from him. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked him. 

Liam's eyes almost widened when he realized why I was asking him that question like everything, all those awful memories from last night just drowned on him. 

"I don't know" Liam replied. He shuffled of the bed, almost losing his balance when he stood up. He didn't look good at all; his eyes blurred and bloody red, his hair tossled and a small frown that seemed to be permanently plastered on his forehead since last night. But I wanted his smile back and I wanted the glow in his eyes back too. 

I stood up, stepping up next to Liam who was facing me but yet he refused to meet my eyes. 

"You are okay, right?" I repeated myself, stepping close to him. I could almost feel Liam lean in to me but I refused to give that anymore thought because I knew where it would lead and I didn't want to get distracted. Right now, I had to think about how I could make Liam feel better and not about how close we were actually standing and how good the warmth radiating from Liam's felt.

"I will be" Liam replied shortly but his hand reached out to grab mine like he was desperate to not get away from me. I wondered if Liam would pull away if I hugged him in that moment, he probably would but I decided to risk it anyway. My arms sneaked around his waist and pullled him in towards me, I didn't waste a second before I wrapped my arms tightly around him. 

For the first ten seconds of so, Liam stayed rigid in my arms before he relaxed ever so slowly and placed his face in the crook of my neck, muttering a faint, "thank you"

"It's fine. Go brush your teeth, you need to eat something" I replied, pressing another quick kiss to his hair before I let him go. He gave me a short nod before he pulled away from me and stepped towards his bathroom, "Call me if you need anything, yeah?"

"I will" He whispered with a small smile that instantly managed to make the situation a whole lot brighter - almost making me forget why I was there in the first place. Almost. 

"Good" I replied. 

I waited until Liam locked the door to the bathroom before I stepped out the room. I couldn't bare to even stand in the room without Liam's presence, it's like his screams and sobs from last night were echoing within the walls of his room, screeching at me. I needed to get out. 

"Hey, he's up" I informed Louis was flipping through the channels on the tv, his attention definitely somewhere else. 

"Ok, Harry's cooking breakfast" He answered as he gestured towards the kitchen as I sat down next to me. He frowned slightly at Harry's name, confusion mixed with frustration filling in his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I don't know to be honest. It's just Harry's acting pretty weird since last night. I know he's concerned for Liam but it's something else"

[ so...yeah, hope that was okay. took me over 3 hours. :/ sorry for any typos/errors. ]

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

:)