Wait, what?

I snap forward in the chair. I look around, I'm in a room. Surrounded by mirrors. Then I realize, I'm into the aptitude test room.

I'm in the aptitude test room, in my abnegation clothes.

Tori sits beside me hooked up to all the wires that I am. She gives me a strange look as she runs her fingers through her black hair. "That was... Interesting," she says slowly. "Excuse me for a minute" at that she gets up and leaves.

What? Wait, I'm in the aptitude test room. How'd I get here? As I mull over this, I realize it's been a while Tori hasn't come back. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I tense, more than likely a bad thing. And why the hell am in the aptitude test room? I'm about to get up, then I realize if she comes back she'll probably explain everything. I set my watch for ten minutes, deciding if she not back by then, I'll leave.

With 3 minutes left, she enters the room with a tense expression on her face "Tobias you must listen to me carefully. That kind of simulation, its-it's extremely rare, they call it-" "Divergent" I finish for her. "Yeah I know." She gives me a strange look. "How do you... Oh yeah you remember everything from the simulation" "Simulation? Wait, what?" She gives me that look a again. "Your aptitude test simulation." "Aptitude... What!? I already took the aptitude test. Almost three years ago!" I practically yell. She sighs. "No you didn't. Everything your remember from the past three years is-was- your simulation. I'll admit I've never seen anything like that, with the Bureau and all that, usually it's just the persons next two years or so living a normal life..." I look at her in complete shock. "The past three years of my life, have been a lie!?" "Simulation" she corrects, "and yes and no." " What does that mean!?" I'm getting frustrated now, everything that I've known for three years- a lie? "It means that yes the past three years of your life have been a simulation, but it hasn't been three years." "What?" Now I'm just confused. "Well what seemed like three years to you, was really about 25 minutes" 25 minutes. Three years if my life just happened in 25 minutes.

Then something hits me. "Tris! She not dead!?" "Who?" She says, "Tris! You know, she saved the world, or sorta." "Oh the blonde girl? No she's not dead."

I don't need to hear anymore, I'm out of the room in a instant, barreling down the halls, I'm about to crash out the door when I feel a hand on my arm "Wait!" Tori gasps, "You must remember everything that's happened has been a simulation." "So what?" I ask harshly, but I don't care, I need to get to Tris. "None of what you two had ever happened." I back away. "None of it?" "None, and if you go down the streets looking for her she's not going to remember anything you say." I slump down, "Dammit!" I smash the wall next to me as I say it.

Everything we had, every kiss, every glance, every word, every smile, was a simulation? It felt so right. There was no wrong. It felt real.

Tori doesn't even look fazed. "I can help you." "Help me how!? If Tris doesn't remember-" "Not with that." She cuts me off, "I can get you where no one will find out about you. The sixth faction." "Sixth?" I ask, "Yes. Divergence. I can get you there tonight. If you want to go, meet me by the Abnegation gates tonight at midnight, or you can go where the aptitude test told you to go." "And where is that?" I ask. "Dauntless." She says in a "Duh" voice. "What about Tris?" I ask. I can't fully comprehend that the past three years have been a simulation. "If your simulation was right and she is Divergent, she will have the same option then that you have now. Tobias," she says, "Don't let a girl decide where you go. You must think of your safety before anything else." I nod, but I'm still not comprehending everything correctly.

It felt so right, what we had. We felt so right. What we had felt so...real

Tobias!" Tori snaps me out of my thoughts, "You need time to think, and I doubt waiting with the others would benefit you." I sigh, nod, and get up. "Remember, if you want to go to Divergence, be at the gate no later than midnight, I'm not going to wait around for you." I nod again, then turn push the doors open, and walk out.