"Kiss me."

My entire chest stings. But the flames look great.

I know I shouldn't pick a favorite faction, but even if it was a simulation, in some weird dimension that I will never be able to access, Dauntless is my true faction.

While I'm walking out of the tattoo parlor, I see Zeke, just waiting around.

Phht. Idiot. He took my 'To be continued' literally.

"Hey mopey." He says with a grin that I'm about to smack off his face.

"Hey dopey." I say as I walk past him.

He jogs a little to catch up to me. "Nice comeback. I'll give you that."

"Thanks, you can leave now."

Hey keeps that idiotic grin on his face. "Hey man, ain't you gonna 'defend your honor'?"

He says 'defend your honor' in one of this stupid accents that were around like 800 years ago. (A/N I'm just kind of guessing that Divergent took place in 2500. But idk. And if your confused I'm referencing to the 1700's) I roll my eyes. Jesus where does he get shit like that? I smack the back of his head.

"There. Defended it."

He rubs his head. "Ow. Ok. Fine point taken."

I thought he would walk away but he keeps walking. I don't even know where I'm going, but I guess company wouldn't hurt.

"So being serious for once," he says, "do you want to sleep with Tris?"

Normally I wouldn't even think about answering that. But Zeke is my best friend, and I can tell he's being serious. For the first time in his life.

I sigh. "Yes. But I'm not doing anything until she's ready."

He has his mouth open to reply when Shauna comes running up to us.

"You know the suicide?"

"Well hello to you too." Zeke says.

She rolls her eyes at him while I say "Yea."

"Their going to have a funeral tomorrow."

Damn. This isn't going to be good for Tris. The simulation funeral almost got her kicked out of Dauntless. She's just lucky no one happened to be listening to our conversation.

I give her a short nod and head towards the apartment building.

When I get there, Tris is climbing the stairs.

I jog after her. "Hey."

She mumbles a "hey." and doesn't look at me.

"Tris." I say, wrapping my fingers around her arm.

I know why she isn't looking at me. She's crying, and crying while trying to look tough is extremely hard. She's tough. I know that. But sometimes, in little moments like these, you can see how broken she really is.

She slides her arm out of my grasp and keeps walking. I catch her hand and turn her around to face me.

"I heard." Is all I say.

She still doesn't look at me. I wrap my arms around her and pull her towards me. She keeps her eyes down, but let's her arms slide around my waist, and rests her forehead on my chest.

"Hey. Look at me." I wrap my fingers around her chin and gently lift her head, forcing her to look me in the eye.

Hey beautiful blue-gray eyes are filled to the point of bursting, and her face is one of anguish.

"Do me a favor." She whispers.

"Anything."

"Kiss me."

She doesn't need to ask me twice. I lean down and press my lips to hers. I don't ask for entrance, and neither does she. This kiss isn't a heated kiss like so many of ours has been. This was the kind of kiss that we had during the Simulation War. Just kissing each other for comfort, kissing each other pain away. Just letting the other one know that we were there for them.

I was kissing her for her comfort. I was kissing her pain away. I was kissing her to let her know I was there.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In case you couldn't tell this was a filler chapter. Yea I'm not sure where I want this story to go. I might end it soon. Idk. But uhhhh yea. If you guys have ideas comment them! If I use them I WILL give credit!