The date.

(Skipping funeral and all that cuz I'm lazy)

It was about two weeks after the funeral. Tris had gotten better. She didn't show up at my door in the middle of the night anymore. Not that I was complaining about that, but every time she hurt, I hurt.

Due to the funeral, Tris and Will had called of their date/friendly dinner, only to reschedule it for tonight.

I had requested the night shift in the control room to keep an eye on them, and I was kind of waiting around, having 30 minutes until I had to go to work. Their date/friendly dinner started at 8 and I had to go to work at 9,meaning I'd miss about and hour of it, and let me tell you, I was not happy about it.

About 7:45, I get a knock at the door. It's Tris. Oh god. We could have been together for 3 days or married for 50 years, but every damn time she showed up at my door my heart started pounding, in both fear and excitement.

I'm always scared when she shows up because I'm always afraid she's going to leave me. She thinks that I'm too good for her, that I will leave her as soon as someone better comes along. But she couldn't be more wrong. She too good for me. Everyday she shows her bravery and intelligence and selflessness. And if we're going to be honest she showed kindness and honesty too. Sometimes I felt like all I was was some selfish coward who was too scared to face his father. I would never leave her. I love her too much. But I live in constant fear that she'll leave me.

She smiles warmly at me when she steps in, diffusing my fear.

"Well?" She asked.

"What?" I say, confused.

She laughs. God Tris don't do that to me when your about to go on a date with another guy.

"What do you think about my outfit?"

She's wearing a black shirt that's tight, but not incredibly tight, blue skinny jeans, and black flats. Her hair is pulled up, with her bangs left down, sweeping over her forehead. She looks hot. But then again, she always does.

"It's...fine?" I ask, a little confused why she wants my opinion. What the hell do I know about fashion?

She laughs again. "I mean do you want me to change? Or is this good for my friendly dinner?"

Oh. I get it. She's trying to dress down, and wants to make sure I know that.

I push her gently against the door and put an arm in each side of her her, trapping her. I lean in close and whisper in her ear. "I want you to stay with me tonight." She shivers, and I relish the thought that I have that affect on her. "But if you must go, you look fine."

"Mm." She mumbles. I steal I quick glance at her. Her head is tilted back slightly and her eyes are closed. Her breathing is fast, and I'm hoping it's because I'm so close to her.

I start kissing up and down her neck, cementing my words, trying to change her mind, and frankly just for my own enjoyment. I loved the feeling of her skin against my lips.

When I start gently sucking on her neck though, she pushes me back a little. I internally whine.

She kisses me and mummers against my lips, "You can't mark me. I'm going out in public."

I take no time in answering. "Then don't go out in public."

She pulls away from me and laughs a little.

"I have your approval on my outfit. That's the only mark of yours I need."

She's in her apartment now, and just before she shuts the door, she says, "For now."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gah I feel like I'm making them more and more unlike themselves in every chapter. Grrrr. Ok I'm gonna try harder to make them like Veronica would have made them. Soooo ahh yea. This was also another filler chapter, sorta. It makes more sense later. I'll probably update Sunday cuz I'm busy tomorrow, and I won't have wifi Saturday. So yea. Uhhh... Enjoy!