03

The morning of the execution was full of madness. Townspeople surrounded the part of the town where the execution was being held. They all were yelling and holding their arms up in the air, shaking what ever was in their hands. Two carriages were brought in with soldiers around the ends. The first one was full of women that were accused of witchcraft and the second was full of criminal men.

Jack was in the French invention called the Guillotine that would cut his head clean off once the blade was dropped.

A brunette girl in a green dress was placed on a wooden platform to be hung.

At the top of a bell tower, Aria and Henry stood hidden as they watch the event below them.

Aria looked at Jack as he tried talking his way out of the situation he was in. She sighed and fought a smile that formed on her lip.

"What is it?" Henry looked at her and curiously asked.

Aria turned her head to look at him. "It's just Jack being Jack. Every time Jack's in trouble, he tries to talk his way out of it until I come and save his butt and we go off to relive the same event."

Henry gave her a little smile. "How long have you known Jack?"

"About five years now. I met him and Gibbs after they found the Fountain of Youth in Tortuga. I was thirteen, looking for a captain to sail with, when I found Jack. He was in a fight with these pirates from I don't remember. So I got off the ground and went into to go help him. After I fought off all the men, Jack came up to me and asked me some questions: what's my name, how old am I, where I learned to fight like that, and what I was doing in Tortuga. I told him how I got there and that I was looking for a captain to serve for. Right away he introduced himself as Captain Jack Sparrow and told me I could come with him as his first mate. Ever since that day I've always been by Jack's side. I look up to him as a father. A stupid father but a good one."

"You seem to care very much for him."Henry said softly, admiring what she said.

"I do. He's the closest thing to family I got." Aria sighed glancing at Henry.

"What happen to your real family?"

Aria looked back at the crowd. "Another story for another time." She said softly.

"Aria?"

"Hmm?"

"Why were you willing to help me find the trident?" Henry asked curiously.

She turned her head back to face him. "Because you've searched for years to find help so you could save your father. I would do the same for Jack if I knew I couldn't save him on my own. I admire what you would do to save the ones you care for, you and I have that in common." She smiled at him. "I'm going to help you save your father."

"I'm going to help you save Jack."

"We will save them both, no matter the cost."

"Together?" Henry put his hand out.

"Aye. Together." Aria placed her hand in his, shaking it.

They smiled and turned watched the crowd looking between Jack and the brunette. "Is that the girl with the map?" Aria asked.

"Yes, that's her. That's Carina." Henry answered.

"May I finish!"

"No! Your lucky! Wish I was hung."

"Kill the filthy pirate, I'll wait."

Aria chuckled when she heard what Carina said. "I like her already." Henry looked at her and chuckled. As Jack and Carina started arguing with each other, Aria couldn't help but ask, "So when do we go down?"