15

The night had turned into day and everyone was up working around the ship once more. Carina and Aria sat beside each other on the middle of the stair case that led to the wheel of the ship. The brunette and red head both held their knees to their chests as they sat in silence, enjoying each others company one last time.

Turning her head, Carina looked at Aria before looking straight ahead of her. "I can't believe it?" She spoke finally.

"That it's over?" Aria asked softly as she turned her head to look at her friend, flashes of the evening with Henry entered in her mind.

"That I made it out alive." She said sarcastically as the wind began to pick up. "Figured I would be killed by pirates or the ghosts but here I am alive and with my father." A faint smile formed on her lips as she glanced up at Barbossa who was talking to Jack. Her eyes settled on Aria beside her.

A closed mouth smile slipped on Aria's lips as she looked at the astronomer. "I'm happy for you, Carina." She gave a little nod to her friend and reached out to hold her hand.

Carina glowed. "And I'm happy for you." She spoke soft as she reached out to hold her friend's hand with both of her own. "You got the father of your dreams," She glanced at Henry, who was helping with the sails, then gave a teasing smirk to Aria. "The man of your dreams, and you have the best friend of your dreams, me."

Aria laughed but it fade away. "Who I'm going to have to say goodbye too."

Carina's face fell. "Oh shit, you're right."

Aria scoffed in amusement and looked at her friend with astonishment in her eyes. "I've never heard you curse before." Carina blushed and giggled as she gave an innocent shrug. The two girls now giggled. Carina held her arms out and pulled Aria into her embrace to give her a hug. The red head wrapped her arms around her friends, leaning her side into Carina's embrace.

Henry walked by and gave them both a smile and greeting as he passed. His gaze held with Aria's before he disappeared into the sea of men.

"When do you think you'll get married?" Carina half joked.

Aria gave her a little playful glare. "I don't even know if we'll stay together long enough for that day to come." She sighed.

"Don't you want too?" Carina asked.

"Maybe. I'll have to see where fate takes me I guess." Aria said leaning back up, a part from Carina. "But what I do know is who I want to be teaching my children when they are big enough."

A smile formed on the astronomers face. "You want me to be their teacher? To teach their education?"

"And their godmother." Aria shrugged nonchalant before grinning.

"It would be my honor." Carina said giving a huge smile, feeling her heart beat with excitement.

The two paused from their talk before Barbossa walked up to them. With a sad look in his eyes, he glanced at Aria before tilting his head to look at Carina. "It's time, my love."

Smiles on the girls faces faded away as they glance at each other, standing up after looking back at the captain. "So soon?" Carina's voice sounded devastated as she plopped down each step to where he stood.

"There must come a time for when we say goodbye." Barbossa said looking from his daughter to his favorite red head. Then he walked away to pull out his sword and summon the Queen Ann's Revenge.

Henry walked over to the two girls. The three walked to the railing of the ship to look for the ship that was sailing towards the Black Pearl. "Well this will make a good story to tell." He said looking at his side at Aria and then to Carina on her other side.