14

Henry stood on the side of the ship, looking into the dark sky with stars shinning bright in it. A cool breeze blew through his hair causing his eyes to close at the relaxing feeling. His hands rested on the railing as he slightly leaned against it. Opening his eyes, he saw the same sight that he saw before. Henry couldn't help but feel a bit gloomy when he should be happy. "I've got the girl, my father is free, and my life long mission has been complete. Why do I feel like this?" He thought to himself in his head. Eyebrows scrunched together, Henry looked down at his hands searching for an answer. Then it struck him.

A hand lightly pressed against his lower back and slid to his side as a figure stood beside him. "Hey." Aria smiled softly, looking up at him as she dropped her hand.

Henry turned his head to look down at the red head. A faint closed mouth smile formed on his lips. "Aria." He said softly as she walked up to the railing more.

Turning her body, she leaned her hip against the wood and crossed her arms over her chest. "What are you doing up?"

The smile remained on his face. He was going to comment about her being awake but decided to let the idea slip. "Just thinking, I couldn't sleep." Henry answered truthfully.

"What are you thinking about?" Aria asked softly.

"Everything."

"What's on your mind, Mr. Turner?"

A sigh passed the boys lips, eyes darting down the back up at her. "It's over. All of this," Henry motioned around them with his hands, looking around the ship. "The adventure is over; my mission is complete. I know I should be happy because I saved my father but I didn't expect to feel this way once I did. I was happy to return home to my family but now I'm not so sure. Ever since I was a boy, all I want to do was help my father. I guess I never realized how big of an adventure it was until now." Henry lifted his hand up to rub the back of his neck while he lazily draped his hand on top of the railing. "How do you go on these grand adventures and not feel the way I do when it's over?" He asked curiously.

Aria gave him a simple shrug, her shoulders slowly moving up and down as she raised her eyebrows while closing her eyes for a second. She relaxed her face and looked up at Henry. "I'm just use to it by now. I used to get sad once the first few adventures we went on were over. Now I just look forward to the next one when each one is over." A little smile formed on her face as she spoke,  causing Henry to smile as well. He gave a nod and looked down at his feet then turn to look out at the water. "Jack said that we're expected to be at your home by tomorrow at some point." Aria said changing the topic. "That's good right?" She asked trying to lighten him up. "I bet Elizabeth will be overjoyed to see you and Will."

"Yes it is. She definitely will, probably cry once she sees us." Henry's smile faded away as he finished his sentence. "Aria, do you ever wish you could go to the island where you were born?"

"No." She said simply, not caring about the place. "Maybe once or twice but I could care less about going there but..." Her voice trailed off as she looked at the ocean. "That island was the place where my parents wanted me to die and is now destroyed. So the mere thought of that place  doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies at all." She added a sarcastic comment, throwing Henry a side glance. "Sometimes I wonder if that place really exists or if my old captain was lying to me about the place where I'm from or my parents not wanting me anymore. If it's all true then it doesn't matter any way. I don't remember any of it and it wasn't even my home. This," Aria's hands opened as she lifted them slightly as to motion the atmosphere around her. "This is my real home, my real calling. It's a pirates life for me." She let out a little giggle at the last part making Henry grin.

"You don't at all wish for a normal life?" Henry asked fully facing Aria.

"Do I seem like the normal type?" Aria smirked, looking up at Henry.

Henry blushed and gave a Cheshire grin. "Not one bit." The two grew quiet as they turned to face the stars, looking out into the water. Everything to them seem at peace, calm-it was a bit scary. The black sky shined with the stars mixed in its void, the heavens reflecting along the calm, steady ocean. Wind had died down to a gently blow in the air, barley moving Henry and Aria's hair. A twitch in the boys pinky finger to reached out. Swallowing a little gulp, Henry moved his hand closer to the red head. His finger wrapped around hers. Slowly his other fingers intertwine with hers. A tiny smile formed on Aria's lips as she stared straight out ahead of her. Henry let go of her fingers and twisted his hand around hers so it intertwined and folded into hers, placing it like a puzzle piece. Staring straight out as well, Henry stared far out, feeling his shoulders relax and his spirit being lifted.

"Aria?"

The red head hummed in response.

"I know we've only just met...but I can't help it...I'm falling for you."

"As have I." Henry turned his head to look at her, his soft brown eyes meeting her sparking green eyes. "I never thought I would but..." She licked her bottom lip. "It seems all so fast, I know." Rolling her eyes playfully, she shrugged her shoulders lazily. "I guess that whole "love at first sight" rubbish might seem to be real."

"I guess so." A little smile formed on Henry's lips again. He squeezed her hand gently and lightly brushed his thumb along the back of hers.

"It kind of scares me."

The boy grinned. "Scares you? The girl who isn't afraid of anything." He teased.

Aria tried fighting of an amused grin but fail. She playfully bumped her shoulder into his. Mumbling to him, a blushed formed on her cheeks. "Shut up."

Throwing his head back, Henry laughed aloud and pulled her closer to him by her hand. Aria stumbled slightly walking as she was guided too. Letting go of her hand, Henry fixed his gaze out to the ocean again and wrapped his arms around her frame, pulling her into his chest. She froze as her head rested on his chest. This is the most affection Aria has ever received from anyone. Carina, Jack, Barbossa, and Henry all gave her some sort of affection, affection she thought she would never have. The mere thought of it brought tears to the red heads eyes. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around his waist and relax into his embrace. The side of her face pressed against his chest. Tilting her head a tad, she pressed her ear against him to hear his heart beat. Aria closed her eyes as Henry rested his chin on top of her head. He moved his head to kiss the spot her head was hit on the anchor before returning to its original spot.

"I never thought I would get this." She mumbled into his chest.

"Get what, love?" Henry whispered in confusion.

"A father, a best friend, a lover-I never thought I would have them." Aria mentally cursed herself for being so soft all of a sudden yet she couldn't help it. Tears prickled  in her eyes and a little happy smile formed on her face as she melted into the hug even more.

"We should probably get some sleep." Henry said quietly to the red head.

Some tears slid down her face as she opened her eyes. "Can we stay like this? For a little longer?" Her voice barley came out above a whisper. She closed her now tired eyes again.

"Of course we can." Henry breathed out to her, arms moving a bit tighter around her body. His eyes began to close.

I would literally die if a guy told me he was falling in love with me.

Little chap and sorry for the late update. School starts in a few days and I'm freaking out.

Thank you for 4.5+k reads I really appreciate the reads, votes, and comments, ugh I love reading your comments!