16

Henry sat below the decks at a little table with a candle stick that was lit on top of it. Holding the necklace his father gave him when he was young, he studied it as he began to think about his mother and father. A quiet sigh breathed through his nose while he wrapped his hand around the item, enclosing it in his fist. He brought his fist up to his lips and pressed them on the side of his fist before slamming his hand down on the table. The pit in his stomach grew causing his face to scrunch together anxiously. Eyes darting to the stairs the led to the deck where Aria would be, the pit in his stomach grew even more at the thought of her.

"I don't want to leave her." He said in his head. "But I want to go home to my parents."

A scoff rose in his throat. Turning himself around, he rested both elbows on the wooden table. The fist that held the necklace was covered by his other hand, pressing them to his lips.  Wanting something was one thing but wanting two things was another.

A thought appeared in his head causing him to perk up on the inside but kept a straight face on the outside. "Maybe, just maybe." He thought. "Maybe I could ask Aria to stay with me, move in with me and my family."  Henry's imagination begin to kick in as his imagined asking Aria the question as he stood beside his parents. Her reaction when she would say yes then jumped into his arms to kiss him.

He smiled for a moment at the picture of it until the smile was erased from his soft face. "She would never say yes. She love's the sea to much, the pirate life. Aria would never leave behind Jack or her adventurous life for me."

Henry was interrupted from his thoughts with the sound of foot steps descending down the stair case. The red head had came into his view with a small, sad smile on her lips. "I thought I'd find you here." She called to him. Aria stepped down the last step and walked over to the table. The boy pulled his hands away from his face and watched her sit in front of him.

"We will be there any minute now. Are you ready?" She asked quietly, resting her hands flat on top of the table.

"Yeah-yes I am." Henry said straightening himself a bit.

"Good." Aria's voice said in a hush tone. Glancing down at her hands for a moment, she took a breath before looking back up at him. Meeting his eyes, the two held a longing stare at each other. Aria took in a quiet breath and reached out to grab one of his hands. "Henry-" Sound of a desperate question rising in her voice.

"Yes?" Henry replied almost instantly.

Aria held a soft yet serious face. She blinked away whatever question she was thinking of asking and instead asked "what are you doing down here?"

Blinking a little, he responded. "I came to think." The Turner boy put his necklace around his neck.

"What about?" The red head asked casually.

"About if I asked you to stay with me." Aria looked down to the side and moved her looked at him. Lifting her head up, she looked properly at him. "If I did, would you have said yes?" Henry asked slowly, already knowing the answer.

A soft, sweet sigh passed her lips as she reached out to move Henry's bangs out of his face. "Henry," her fingers trailed down the side of his face down to his jawline where he caught her hand and pressed a kiss to her palm. "You know I would love to stay there with you and your parents but my life is here...I know that now." She paused as Henry pulled her hand from his face and locked into his hand. "But that doesn't mean I would never come to visit you and your parents," Aria pointed a him with her index finger. "Especially your mum!" A closed mouth smile formed on Henry's face again as he looked at the girl he was falling in love with. "Actually, um.." Her eyes darted to the side then back. "I was going to ask you to stay with me as well."