Prologue

Friendship like theirs only exists in fairytales. Unrealistic stories where Prince Charmings can also be players, where nerds can be sought after by all the knights in the land, and where five girls with absolutely nothing in common can be the best of friends.

They were all fractured, undeniably and very obviously so. None lived with seven itty-bitty men or wicked step mothers but all were the princesses of their very own kingdom.

But instead of ruling over their kingdom, they ruled their high school. The Stereotype Princesses.

Ashley was and had always been the dark-skinned ruler of the athletes. Her serve was just as accomplished on the courts as it was off. The Princess of the Jocks.

There was nothing pink and frilly about Elizabeth. Her dark clothes matched her anti-social personality. She was a shy, curly haired mess but when she spoke, you listened. The Princess of the Goths.

Rebellious was a nice way to describe Nicolette. Her green eyes shined with rebellion and her curves screamed sin the same way her personality did. She wasn't at all familiar with guilt or consequences but much too familiar with the whole football team. The Party Princess.

Sense and Sensibility were not words that would be used to describe Amanda. Mostly, because she would take the reference much too literally. Blonde was not only the color of her shoulder length hair but also her personality. Straight-edge and slow witted, everyone loved her but not everyone had the patience for her. The Princess of the Preps.

Charlotte was all freckles and sunshine. Her innocence with boys was just like her pale skin- untouchable. She was a boy band groupie with way too much talent but very little social skills. The Princess of the Outcasts.