Chapter 5: Saturday Cleaning

Amy:

                “What are you going to do today?” I asked Charlie who had been unusually quiet since the party Nikki has pressured her into going to.

                I understood why, I had been tricked into going to one of Nikki's parties. Never again. Never. Ever.

                She shrugged, “Eliza and I thought we’d have a Harry Potter marathon?”

                I felt my nose wrinkle, “In here?”

                She nodded, “Yeah, I don’t think we could hear the movie with Ashley and Nikki in the room.”

                “Good point,” I said laughing a tiny bit.

                “Why? What are you going to do?”

                “I think I’m going to go organize Room 17,” I told her.

                She just then took in my long white t-shirt and old shorts, an outfit that Nikki liked to call my ‘old-maid-outfit.’ When I had asked her why old, she told me it was because young maids were supposed to dress sexy. I had nothing to say after that.

                Her hazel eyes were wide and I could hear the humor in her voice, “Good luck with that.”

                I smiled, “Thanks.”

                “Tell Eliza that Harry Potter is patiently waiting for her.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Will do.”

                I walked across the hall and opened the door to a room that looked like a hurricane had gone through it. And then a tornado.

                The first person that saw me was Nikki, who in her red lacy bra and jean shorts, took one look at my outfit and ran to the door saying, “I’m out of here.”

                “You’re in your bra!” I yelled after her but she was already down the hall.

                “Why did Nikki just leave without a shirt-“ Ashley looked at me and made the same face Nikki had, “on.”

                I shrugged and she hurriedly said, “I totally forgot Mark called earlier and wanted to take me to get breakfast.”

                I looked at her, confused, “I thought Mark went to visit his aunt this weekend?”

                She quickly shook her head, her eyes still wide, “No, no. He changed his mind. He stayed after all.” 

                “Okay,” I said and smiled. “Tell him I say hi.”

                She nodded, grabbed her volleyball bag and hurriedly out the door.

                Eliza who had been standing behind Ashley just watched me, a phone in her hand. “I have plans with Charlie.”

                I nodded, “I know.”

                She walked past me, “Okay…well, see you later?”

                “Sure,” I yelled after her. I put my thin blonde hair in a pony tail and began on the mess on the floor otherwise known as Ashley’s bed.