Chapter 7: Don't Walk Away When I'm Talking To You

Nicolette:

                I took a piece of Eliza’s brownie while she stared at the boy across the hall.

                “So…” I said and smirked as I watch her eyes shoot up to mine. “Are you going to make a move?”

          No,” she denied forcefully, Eliza isn't one to make first moves, she has more patience. She just waits. That is most deffinetely something we do not have in common.  “Course not, he has a girlfriend.”

                I wrinkled my nose, “Who Tina? Don’t worry about her, I give them a week. Ten days top.”

                “They’ve been dating for almost three years Nikki,” She hissed and I fought the urge to mumble ‘stalker.’

                I rolled my eyes, “Yeah but she, like the majority of females attending PA, hooked up with Adam last week.”

                If I didn’t feel sick saying that out loud I may have been happy by the mixture of excitement and shock that passed on Eliza’s features.

                “No way.”

                “I know, I mean what’s so special about Adam when she has Alex?” Eliza shot me a pointed look and I ignored it.

                  “Funny, babe. Did you forget how special I am? It’s only been a few weeks, I feel insulted.”

                I glared at the smirking boy who sat down next to me.

                He kissed my cheek and I shuddered. “Don’t touch me, you repulsing STD-infected creature.”

                He laughed but I saw a glint of something in his baby blue eyes that wasn’t humor.

                “Hey Liz,” He said acknowledging my best friend; she smiled but looked away uncomfortably.  

                He grinned excitedly and I had to remind myself to stay pissed at his boyish good looks. “So Eliza…Alex, it is?”

                The look she threw him was murderous and I laughed. “No, no Alex.”

                He gave her a puppy dog look, “Aw, really? I was getting excited. I thought we could scheme together to find a way to break up the picture perfect couple.”

                She looked amused and I scoffed, “Going back for seconds with Tina, Adam?”

                He smirked at me, “Course not, love, you know I never go back for seconds unless it’s with you, of course.”

                I glared at him and he grinned, kissing my cheek again. I ignored the sparks. Ignored them with every ounce of self-control I had. And let it be known, Nicolette Romero doesn't possess very much self-control.

                “Stop, Adam. I have a boyfriend,” I all but hissed at him.

                He laughed but it was humorless, his blue eyes were darkening with what I recognized as controlled anger, “You don’t date.”

                “There is a first time for everything,” I told him seriously and I could feel Eliza looking at me curiously.

                “Sure,” He said and leaned against the table, “So let’s say, hypothetically speaking, that you are capable of being in a faithful serious relationship, who would this lucky guy be?”