Chapter 2: I'm About to Set Fire to Everything I See

Nicolette

I made a face at Eliza as I rolled around the smoke in my mouth.            

                She rolled her grey eyes at me as she grabbed one of my magazines, “You better throw that out before Ashley gets out of the shower and has a fit.”

     I grinned, the smoke sneaking its way out through the small gap in between my teeth.

I went to the window and crushed my cigarette against a plant I had never particularly been fond of.

“Shit, Nikki!” Ashley said as she stepped out of the shower wearing a shirt I was sure was probably Mark's. 

                “Looks like Ashley woke up with that sunny personality of hers,” I mumbled sarcastically under my breath. Eliza chucked but continued flipping through the magazine.

                I turned my full attention to Ashley, widening my eyes and feigning innocence, “What?”

                She sniffed the air for dramatic effect, “If you’re going to poison your lungs at least have the decency to not do it in our room? Thanks.”

                She gave me one last threatening glare before bending over to gather her thick hair together.

                “Ash, we all love you despite that terrible mood you always seem to have clouding over you. But today it seems to be cloudier than ever,” she rolled her eyes and I grinned before getting to my point, “What’s up?”

                “Well, if I wasn’t woken up at two in the morning-,” she started but Eliza cut her off.

                “Yeah, Nik, what was that about?”

                I ignored Eliza for a fraction of a second, “You can always sleep in your own room you know, Ash.”

                We both knew I was just saying that, I would be totally lost without her bitterness.

                She scoffed and I turned towards Eliza, “Nothing, important.”

                She raised a dark eyebrow and Ashley decided to put in her always lovely input, “100 bucks says she was doing God only knows what with anyone who wasn’t Adam.”

                “Don’t mention his name, “I hissed.

                Both girls smirked at me and I found both of their faces to be quite infuriating at the moment. “Lovers’ quarrel?” Asked Eliza.

                I narrowed her eyes at her and grabbed the hem of my shirt, taking it off as I walked to the closet in looks for a new one.

                “Nikki, the doors open!” I heard Eliza, in what she thought was a whisper but couldn’t actually be louder unless she decided to use a microphone.

                I could practically hear the roll of Ashley’s eyes, “Half the student body has probably seen her more exposed then that.”

                I turned around and glared at my charming best friends.

                I pulled a shirt over my blonde hair and started walking towards the door.