Chapter 17

We had to explain to our friends what was wrong with me and that I wouldn’t be able to make any videos. They understood; unfortunately, I don’t think the viewers would understand that I’ve become a human/squid hybrid. So we just pretended that I was sick with some kind of disease.

If I thought I messed up with Kat before, it’s way worse now. There’s no way she’d fall for a squid of all things! I’m disgusting!

I sat on my bed and stared at a wall while my tentacles moved around in the air. I sighed and looked down at my lap. This is just do weird.

Then, just like plenty of times before, my throat started to feel dry, signaling it was time to refresh. I got up and went to the bathroom, dunking my head in the sink. After a moment of letting the cool, fresh water in through my gills, I lifted my head.

When I got back to my room, Vince was waiting for me. His eyes met mine and he offered me a sad smile. “Hey dude. You alright?” he asked. I shrugged. “I don’t know. Not really.” I replied, sitting next to him.

He put his arm around my shoulder. “This is just all so surreal, huh? You being… different, and finally seeing Cassie again. Speaking of Cassie, Sky sent a sort of ‘rescue mission’ when we told him who she was. She’s in the castle. You wanna see her?” Vince asked, looking at me. My eyes widened. “Cassie? She’s here? Where?”

Vince led me to a guest room. Inside, was Cassie, sitting on the bed and staring at a wall just as I was doing earlier. I opened the door slowly. “Cassie?” I asked quietly. She looked up at me and smiled. But not the sad smile everyone has been giving me lately. This was a true, genuine smile.

“Felix! Hey!” she said, running up to me. She wrapped her arms around me. “I’ve missed you so much! It’s just… I’ve been… in there for so long…” she trailed off. “Hey, hey, it’s okay! You’re here now!” I said, smiling.

Cassie frowned, touching my hair. “So… you’re a half squid now, huh?” she asked quietly. “Yeah. It’s weird, I actually have tentacles and gills.” I said. Her eyes widened. “Really? All that changed for me was my appearance. Oh, and I can hold my breath for a really long time.” She admitted.

I sat on the bed with her. “Did you ever get used to… this?” I asked. She shook her head sadly. “I’m not really used to it. In fact, it’s kinda weird not being in the water.” She said softly. “I know how you feel. The water just feels… natural…” I shuddered after saying that. What am I thinking?! I’m not a squid! I’m a person who was just changed! That doesn’t mean I have to act like that!

“W-Well, I’d better go now.” I stuttered, suddenly feeling awkward. She nodded and I left.

God, I hope someone can fix this…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N} Yeah, Cassie is back! Woop! XD

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment, vote, and FAN! Please?

~CakeEater4