20 HOURS

Chapter 5

I woke up tangled up in Justin's body, my head was leaning on his chest and my legs were wrapped around his. His arms were strongly wrapped around my waist and it felt like a grip he would never let go off. I didn't mind, in fact, I almost wanted him closer.

It was fairly impossible to get any closer.

I checked the time and realised we had been sleeping for eight hours already. Still, there was no sign of getting out of this elevator anytime soon and we still hadn't heard anything from the hotel staff or anyone else for that matter. How long did we have to be here? How hard could it be to get an elevator to move again?

"Justin?" I whispered but got no luck in answer, which told me he was probably still sleeping. Instead of waking him up, I snuggled into his chest even more. Something about his way of holding me felt like I belonged here. We were the perfect fit and it scared me that I thought that way.

We stayed like that for another hour before I felt him move slightly, letting go of my waist which made me internally whine. I wouldn't inform him that, though. If anything, I had no idea what his genuine purpose of holding me throughout the night was. It could mean multiple things and I wasn't taking a risk in presuming. Perhaps he just needed some warmth.

"Good morning," I heard his raspy morning voice interrupt my thoughts and the second I heard it, I knew I had been blessed. How does someone sound so good in the morning? I cursed myself quietly in my head for developing a major crush on him and tried to pretend as if nothing ever happened.

I gave him a smile, "Good morning."

It did hit me that I probably looked like shit right now. Mornings have never been on my side and I could imagine my hair being all kinds of messy right now as well as my face looking exhausted and sweaty. Which hit me, it was becoming warmer in here and the coldness had suddenly gone away. Instead, I was now sweating with wearing Justin's jacket and sleeping on his hoodie.

I undressed the jacket and handed it back to him, thanking him for the borrow. It felt great to undress and in all honesty, I was rather hot than warm in this situation. Freezing was never fun but freezing whilst stuck and nowhere to go in an elevator? Total nightmare.

"You can keep it," He said and for a second I thought he was flexing to get my attention. Him being shirtless was not a problem to me, I didn't mind and I had already seen him without a shirt earlier. Yet, it didn't seem to help as my mouth got watery at the sight of him. I wondered what he felt, if anything, when he looked at me, "I don't need it, it's getting quite warm in here."

I nodded, "Yeah, I don't need it either."

He nodded and threw it to the ground. I sighed, feeling an extreme sadness wash over me as I once again clicked on my phone to see the time light up.

"It's been twenty hours," I whispered with a slight panic in my voice. Justin's head turned up to look at me and he gave me a sympathetic smile, as if to say that he was fighting through this as well, "What if we don't get out?"

"We will," He mumbled but his voice was clearly unsure, "I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep," I said, all my thoughts returned back to Benjamin and how he had promised to never hurt me. He had promised, when he put that ring on my finger, that it would always be him and me. In my entire life, I had always been speaking highly of him, only to be let down and ever since I'm not sure how I feel about the topic of love anymore, especially not promises, "I don't appreciate promises, so please don't promise me anything."