AFTER: PART 13

Chapter 23

"Did you have a great flight?" Justin teased with the softest tone I had ever heard him use. I loved that tone and I covered my face tiredly as I nodded, seeing his face light up with a smile on the other side of my phone screen. I had just gotten back home and Ellie had promised to grab dinner with me later but until then, I was by myself back in my apartment again, "I miss you already."

"I miss you too."

He wiggled his eyebrows and began to make strange faces. I recognised him to do that a lot when he was bored and didn't know what to say. Still, I loved the feeling of his company. He crinkled his nose and begun to make a popping sound with his mouth which made me giggle. It wasn't necessarily funny but anything he said or did make me laugh.

I sighed, realising that this was our new reality again for probably another few weeks. I couldn't let myself get upset by it, though, since I was the one who chose to go back. I had so much time to make up with friends and everything would be perfect once he decided to move in with me here in Seattle. We would be like a perfect little family.

Which reminded me that I had yet to tell him about my plans. I hummed out his name, catching his attention and he stopped doing the weird noises. I think he could hear how serious my tone was and that made him slightly worried, I could tell by the way his eyebrows furrowed together.

"I was thinking about later," I said, the words escaping my mouth with an unsure tone to them. He seemed confused and I didn't blame him, what I had said told him nothing about what I wanted to talk about, "I think you should move here."

"What?"

"I think you should move here," I repeated and this time it sounded much more secure. My confidence was slowly coming back to place and I remember where I was going with this. Our life in Seattle would be much better than raising a child in Los Angeles. I could only imagine all the painful things we would have to go through there, California was not a place to raise little innocent kids at. I was very certain of that even though I had secretly loved waking up with him there, "I really think that could be a positive choice."

Justin raised his eyebrows confused, "I thought we had agreed on you moving here, though?"

"Yeah but I changed my mind," I turned my head away so I didn't have to make eye contact with him. Justin wasn't good at confrontation but he was good at keeping his opinion and making others agree by using the powers in his intimidating eyes. I was afraid to look so I stared into the darkness outside of my window instead, "I just think it would be better for the both of us-"

"I've already told you that can't happen. I have my life here."

I looked back to him, "Well, I have my life here."

We stared at each other for a brief moment. His eyes changed from confused to frustrated and I knew he wasn't into my ideas. All I had to do was to convince him, though, and by experience, he usually listened to what I wanted. Why would this time be any different? If I needed for us to move here then I could come up with enough great arguments for us to do so.

If only he would understand how all the puzzle pieces would fall together if we began our life here, instead of in Los Angeles. I would be able to keep my friends, be with them and my boyfriend at once, if I had to move then I would have to change friends. I'm not the best at making friends so that was already not an option. He would be able to hide much more. There are definitely less paparazzi in Seattle and he wouldn't have to have anxiety walking outside with big bodyguards all the time. It's a win-win situation, how could he possibly not see that?