AFTER: PART 18

Chapter 28

Waking up to the smell of coffee was something that I knew I could get used to. The fact that Justin hadn't made it himself, instead he had someone run errands to go get it for him, didn't even bother me. It was a lifestyle I could definitely get used to and I know that it was probably not a good idea to get attached to money but honestly, I don't think I could help it anymore.

I was way over my days of trying to act good girl not wanting expensive things. It's not like I could hide it anymore, Justin already knew that I loved when he spoiled me.

So, having Starbucks in bed to breakfast without having to lift a finger; wasn't too bad of a reality. I didn't see anyone complain.

"You shouldn't move that much," Justin's worried voice kept saying, anytime I even moved so much as an inch. He was concerned about my leg, knowing that I was still pretty injured but I didn't care at this point. He was here with me, willing to spend his time in bed with me (the second I woke up, he assured me that he would take time off work until I was feeling better and could walk through the house by myself completely) and I was not going to push that away.

Being injured wasn't that bad, I got his full attention at all times and he did everything to make sure I wasn't hurting myself further. He would carry me if I wanted to go to the bathroom and he asked multiple times if I didn't want him to help me move to the living room so I could watch the bigger TV. What he didn't understand was that the TV he had in his bedroom was bigger than what I had in my living room in Seattle. His bigger TV in the living room was not even realistic to me.

So, I swore to him that this was the perfect place for us to spend our morning together. Starbucks, a movie and cuddles in bed.

Definitely a lifestyle I could get used to.

My brain had been fairly quiet the past few hours since I woke up, which was unusual for me because usually, I would overanalyze everything. The only thing that had really been catching up with me was the fact that I got fired from my job for not showing up. I hadn't told Justin yet because I wasn't completely sure how he would react; I was terrified that he would think I believed I could live off his money.

I definitely could but I didn't want to. I wanted to find a new place to work out here in Los Angeles but I didn't even know where to start. All that I knew was that I didn't have to go back to being a hotel receptionist and that Justin could probably help me find something way fancier and more interesting. With his help and contacts, I bet I could work as almost anything.

I had always been interested in fashion but I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Designing was a thing that had been on my mind since I was a little child but I also knew that fashion was a hard business so maybe I shouldn't throw myself into that. What else could I become, though? I didn't have much experience with anything but that damn receptionist job.

Which I remember I surely convinced Justin I loved. That was a lie, I just didn't want him to think that I was working a job I didn't want due to the good paying. It wasn't that great paychecks but it was a still a job.

"I got fired," I said, out of nowhere, breaking the silence between us. Justin lifted his eyebrow and muted the movie on the screen in front of us as he asked what I had said. Which had me repeating myself, "I got fired this morning. My job called, I totally forgot to say that I wasn't coming in today. I've been a little messy lately so I understand why they would let me go."

"Well, if you wouldn't have gotten fired you would've still quit, right?" His eyes turned back to his worried self when I had just gotten back to feeling like they were normal, "Because you're moving here... Right?"