AFTER: PART 9

Chapter 19

I never thought that waking up in Los Angeles was going to be a big difference but laying here, seeing the Hollywood sign from Justin's window made me think oppositely. It was warmer than Seattle and it already looked like the sun was going to shine brighter than I had ever seen it before.

I wasn't exactly used to extreme heat since most of the time it was raining where I lived but I didn't mind it. Neither the rain back home or the sun that was to appear here today. 

Back home.

A part of me was wondering if Leah and Ellie were hanging out just as much but without me. I was the one who glued our group together since the two of them don't really go along that well. I go along with both of them and therefore, we could work all three but without me; they usually didn't make it that many minutes without starting to argue. Maybe they had changed?

It didn't go one single day without me hoping that they would call or at least send me a text message, letting me know that they were thinking about me and missing me too. But my phone rarely made a sound and if it did, it was because of work. Someone needed me to cover their shift at the hotel or my boss needed me to hop in due to someone else being sick. It sucked. It really did make me realise that without Ellie and Leah, I had no friends at all.

Which made me think maybe I should call them and talk to them? It had, after all, been three months and we hadn't said a single word to each other. It was very different than any other fight we've ever had. Usually, we were over whatever argument we had pretty quickly. This wasn't like those other times, I was actually considered out of the group.

"What are you thinking about?" Justin whispered and pressed a quick kiss against my neck. I jumped slightly at his sudden words, not knowing he had woken up as well. I tried to blow it off, said that it was nothing but he didn't buy it, "I can see that something's bothering you. I wanna know what it is, maybe I can help you."

I thought of a few things he could do to get my mind off things. "It's just the whole Ellie and Leah thing, it feels like they're having a great time without me considering they haven't bothered to get in touch with me. It just hurts to know that they don't care enough to try and rekindle with me."

"Didn't you say that was okay, though?" Justin almost laughed and it annoyed me because, to me, that was like not taking the situation seriously. I was very hurting and feeling more lonely than ever, "You were kind of the one to break things off with them, remember?"

"I didn't think we were breaking things off, I just wanted to go on the damn ass flight with you and not them," I mumbled awkwardly, feeling somewhat tears build up within my eyes and I held myself as much as possible. There was no way I wanted to cry in front of him, "It's not that weird that I wanted to spend time with the person I fell in love with. They don't have the right to get that mad at me."

"Well, you ditched them so you can't be that upset about them not wanting to talk to you."

I squinted my eyes, "Who's side are you really on here?" 

My neck instantly met his lips and he buried his face into my side, kissing it repeatedly and mumbled something about him being so in love with me. It made me giggle and within a few seconds, my two ex-friends were no longer the priority in my mind. Justin could make me forget about anything and anyone. It didn't take him much energy nor time either, only his affection was enough for me to go crazy. I wasn't sure whether or not he knew about his own superpowers.

In a way, his ability to make me feel so reckless about everything around me also scared me. Love makes you do crazy things and I knew that my love for Justin was not an exception. I don't think he knew that, though.