AFTER: PART 29

Chapter 39

You know that moment when your entire life flashes you by in a second? You close your eyes and suddenly you see all the memories, the good and bad times you've had with all your favourite and most hated people. It's the same second that you realise that you might be gone forever and those people will never get to see you again. It's not about you, although it is you disappearing, it's about how they will feel. How death will affect them, because at the end of the day, they are the ones who has to live with that pain.

They are the ones who will stay when you're gone.

The sirens were loud and they echoed through the roofs among the city. It never rained in Los Angeles but the sky was suddenly filled with dark clouds, setting the same mood Justin were experiencing throughout the entire neighbourhood. Nobody had said anything but everyone knew, they all saw it happen. It came as a shock, everybody was screaming for help and multiple people were calling 911 at the same time. 

Everyone except for Justin.

He stared at his beautiful girlfriend, her face suddenly covered in red painting. That's how he wanted to imagine it to be, in his eyes, it wasn't blood. It couldn't be. She wasn't hurt, there was no way someone as strong as Sierra could get hurt from a car crash. He was standing by himself, not even blinking as the people surrounding him were acting chaotic. His eyes weren't crying, they were just staring. Staring into space, his body as frozen as a stone. A stranger called his name from afar, his face being well too recognised among the crowd that had been created from the horrible incident, but his mind was unreachable. His brain was emptied on all thoughts yet all he seemed to be doing was thinking.

"Sir?" Someone said again, tapping on his shoulder only to realise that Justin were not to be talked to, "The ambulance is here," the person continued anyway and she was trying to speak with a calm voice in order to not worry the man who clearly was involved with the hurt woman, "I think they'd like to talk to you."

She motioned to a car that was standing further away, Justin's eyes examined every move they made. His jaw clenched when he saw them touch Sierra, only the thought of them hurting her further was upsetting him yet he seemed to not be able to move. His feet tried to take a few steps forward but they were glued to the street underneath him. With his fists crumbled together as he began to slowly process what had happened.

The car that had hit his girlfriend had seen her on the street. It drove away from the scene just as quickly as it hit her. Justin had personally witnessed the car drive around the corner of the parking lot slowly but sped up once they saw Sierra walking on the same street. He knew that what had happened had been intentional and his mind was raging with all types of revenges. His mind made up a mission, finding the one who hurt Sierra and hurt them back.

Although his plans were interrupted by a police officer, knocking lightly on his shoulder. Justin felt a surprised reaction coming out of him at the sight of the uniform working people, the time feeling timeless to him when in reality it had already been ten minutes since the scene took place. They informed him about his girlfriend being taken away to hospital, using her full name and speaking with a sadness that made him think that she was already lost. He barely listened, those words being way more than enough for his feet to move forward and towards his car. He suddenly felt an urge to get away from the crime scene as fast as possible.