38 HOURS

Chapter 8

"Is it night or day, right now?" Justin mumbled into my ear, his voice quiet and raspy. It did something to me, I could feel the goosebumps form rapidly on my skin.

I shrugged, "I don't know, my phone's battery went off."

"We've lost complete track of time," He stated which I only agreed to. It was an awful feeling, being stuck without knowing what time it was or even what day it was. Since I last saw what time it was, had we been here for a few more minutes or a whole extra day? We wouldn't know and it frustrated me. I think Justin was feeling the same thing, "I'm sorry, I didn't find a way out."

"All you did was to bang and yell at the door," I couldn't help but let out a little giggle at the thought of him desperately trying to get someone to hear us. He had given up eventually, becoming more aware of the fact that they wouldn't hear us anyway. We were stuck here and I think he had finally come to the same conclusions, "I didn't put any high expectations."

"Good," Justin laughed gently, the tone of his voice sounding sweeter and smoother than ever. He wasn't mad at our situation, not on the outside at least, and he seemed to be calm about it. In my head, I was still freaking out just as much as I was when we got here but I think we were both slowly getting used to it.

I knew we didn't have a lot of additional time left, though. We both know that if we don't get out soon, we won't get out at all.

"It's not your fault," I said, turning my head so that we could finally stare into each other's eyes. We were lying on the floor, my head on top of his chest and his arms wrapped firmly around me. I didn't know how long we had been lying like that but it felt like forever. No part of me wanted to let go, though. He was soft and cuddly and for some reason, it felt like I could stay like this forever, "This whole thing is definitely not your fault."

"I know but I promised you to get us out of here," He shrugged and I felt like a child on Christmas, realising I was beside of him and that it was the greatest gift anyone could ever imagine getting. Seeing him so upset made me strangely turned on but I didn't have the courage to tell him that, I was scared he would find that weird.

I didn't reply to him, mainly because I knew it would only end up getting worse. His thoughts were all over the place and even though I hadn't known him for a long time, it felt like I could see right through him and his mind. He was like an open book and it was so easy for me to read him, his facial expressions and the way he expressed himself.

A part of me was wondering if he felt the same when he looked at me. If he could feel the same connection that I did but towards me instead. I wanted to ask him but then there was this side of me that told me not to, in case he didn't. Unless the answer was yes, I didn't want to know. 

His words of falling for me had been on repeat ever since he said it. It made me feel better with myself, knowing we were sort of on the same page but I still had a feeling that I was falling faster for him than he was for me. I hated that feeling because it worried me, not only about my feelings but about the future. I was already experiencing a heartbreak, was I really supposed to have two at the same time? Was that even possible?

"What are you thinking about?" Justin interrupted my thoughts, bringing me back to reality. It was like a slap in the face to see, every time I opened my eyes, this elevator. The four walls around us that felt like they were decreasing, even though I knew that was only in my head.

I couldn't get my words out correctly, knowing that it would be a stupid idea to talk about such things with him. It was the perfect timing to have deep talks but it wasn't the perfect area around us right now. Something told me that it wouldn't end up being a great conversation so instead, I simply shrugged, "Nothing, you?"