AFTER: PART 24

Chapter 34

"How is that possible?" I whispered in shock, my eyes blinking as if that would make me wake up from this nightmare, "there are two signatures during a marriage certificate. I never signed anything."

"No, technically you didn't," Benjamin hummed and I could tell he was nervous about coming clean, his intentions purely cruel from the start, "I made you sign something else and copied the signature from there."

I gasped but before I got the chance to tell him anything, Justin's arm let go of mine and instead attacked Benjamin's face. He punched him hard, right beside his nose that made my ex-fiancée stumble backwards.

"Oops," Justin then shrugged, his voice not at all surprised by his own actions, "that was accidental."

I had to hold myself from laughing out loud, my voice snickering as I pressed my lips together. Justin had thrown Benjamin's own words in his face, knowing that what he had done to us was not an accident. You don't accidentally sign a marriage certificate, that's not realistic.

Benjamin muttered something under his breath, implying that the punch from Justin's fist didn't completely knock him out. Which was good because I definitely needed answers before I allowed Justin to beat him up.

Their last fight came to my mind and I remembered how injured Justin was after it. It made my blood flow a little faster, knowing that Justin was feeling just as irritated as me right now. I mumbled in his ear for him to wait, also indicating that I wasn't against the idea of allowing him to fight. He seemed satisfied by that.

"I can sue you for that," I warned Benjamin, his eyes not changing from the dark and intimate colour that I almost felt afraid of. I think I somewhat had always been a little dominated by him, he succeeded to get under my skin for so long that he still, to this day, has an effect on me, "it's illegal to copy someone's writing."

"Well, there's no proof you didn't sign it. I was by myself and it looks like yours so you're in pretty bad luck," He shrugged and I swear I could almost see a smirk forming on his lips as if this was all a big fun game to him. The curve in his lips reached the blood that was dripping down from his nose, making me wish there were more bruises on his face.

Justin interrupted me before I had the chance to speak, "What do you want?"

"I want my life back," he shrugged, staring at me as if he indicated that I was his life. I laughed, a crazy sense washing over me as I mumbled something about not happening, "you left me for a stupid reason-"

"I left you because you cheated on me!" I screamed, suddenly losing complete control over myself. I could feel my bullshit mood being over with, not having the time for this discussion considering I had a divorce to go through, "Maybe if you wouldn't have been such an asshole, we would've still been together-"

"Don't say that," Justin muttered, his tone low for only me to hear but I saw the grin on Benjamin's face grow which told me he had heard what Justin said.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, not feeling like it was the right time for Justin to bring up that discussion. Did he not sense himself that whether we were dating or not was irrelevant right now? I was a married woman without even knowing it, that's what should matter in this moment. "Benjamin, what's your problem? What do you really want? I'm not playing around right now."

"How about a date?" He smirked that same disgusting grin that I almost threw up even thinking about, what did I possibly find attractive in him for all those five years? He noticed my change of eyes and instantly reformed his question into facts, going back to what this conversation originally started with, "I did what I did to save you."