32 HOURS

Chapter 7

We had been sitting in peace and quiet until Justin had gotten the bright idea to yell and bang on the elevator door, muttering that he would get us out of here no matter what. For a couple of seconds, I was confused; knowing that he would not get a reply yet him still thinking he would?

I felt bad for him, shouting for people to help us when in reality there were probably thousands of metres until there could be a surface reached. I don't know where we were and neither did him, we could be at the bottom of the machine stripes. Justin didn't realise that these elevator walls were not built out of anything. It was literally stone in between us and a human being.

"It's not going to work," I stated as I continued to watch Justin bang on the wall, screaming for help. It was a pathetic way of trying to get us out of here because we both knew that they would have worked to get us out if they could. We were simply stuck with no luck, "Just give up."

"No, they will hear eventually," He mumbled, keeping his hope's high which I knew would make him disappointed at the end. There was no such way as out in this. We were stuck here and I think he knew that deep inside too.

We had yet to talk about the intimate moments we shared for a few hours ago. After everything went down, we had both fallen asleep in a nap but then woken up a couple of hours later in silence. I don't know why we didn't talk about it. I only knew that I didn't mention it because he didn't. He seemed like the type of person to talk about something like that but maybe I was wrong, at the end of the day, I don't really know him.

"Help!"

Justin's voice echoed loudly around the room, leaving me to instantly shut my eyes in a flinch. It was too loud for my precious ears and it didn't help the fact that the sound only bounced around on every wall in here. It took forever to fade out, or maybe that was just my imagination because it didn't seem to bother Justin the slightest.

He continued to scream and after a while, it pained me. It pained me so much that I had to stand up, walk up to him and put my right hand on his shirtless back. Some sort of confidence kicked in and I slowly pressed a kiss against his shoulder, making him completely freeze, shut up and just stare at the closed elevator doors in front of us.

"It's not going to work, you should save your voice," I mumbled against his tan skin. I was eye to eye with an Indian looking tattoo, which I slowly pressed another kiss on, "It's pointless."

I could both hear and feel him take a deep breath, his back slowly rising slightly, "I know."

We stayed like that, a few moments of silence as I think we both were thinking the same thing. We didn't have many options left and we definitely didn't have a lot of time. I have read somewhere that a human being can not survive more than three days without food nor water. We were already on our second day. We had been in here for too long and if we don't make it out now - we're never going to.

Then again, we both knew that it was hopeless to stand and bang on the door even though Justin tried to deny that fact. They know we're in here and they are probably working hard to get us out so whether or not they could actually hear us, it's no use anyway. It's not going to help their work any faster.

"Come sit down with me," I suggested but not really giving him an option as I took a grip of his biceps and began dragging him towards me. I didn't say anything out loud but his muscles surprised me, I had seen them but yet not really felt them. I gulped loudly which I prayed silently to myself in my head that he didn't hear, "You should calm down."