AFTER: PART 6

Chapter 16

Minutes turned to hours and the longer I had to wait, the more of a panic I felt shoot through my body uncontrollably. I was impatient. My feet were stomping on the ground untidily and my hands were fumbling nervously with each other without me even being aware of it. My body was doing things my mind wasn't able to catch.

I hadn't reflected too much about it but my heart was pounding furiously as I was waiting for someone to come and tell me that I could go see him.

I had a million things I wanted to tell Benjamin but I knew that would have to wait. There were other, more important, things to deal with first. I was being paranoid the entire time, checking each door that either opened or closed as strangers walked in and out of the hospital's waiting room. Just where I was sitting, waiting and praying.

He wasn't unconscious when we got here and that's a great sign. He didn't have major injuries (or so the doctors told me but looking at his face, energy and body; I would like to say different) and they told me they only needed a quick checkup. Maximum of twenty minutes.

It had been two hours since they told me to wait here.

I couldn't get a hold of anyone who worked within that room he was in, nobody knew why or what was taking so long time and all I got in response each time I asked a doctor was to stay calm and seated. As if that would help me in some way. Justin was hurt and I wasn't with him, I could only imagine what must be racing through his mind right now.

The fear of him not forgiving me was with me in the back of my head. It was my fault that I didn't take the key from Benjamin in the first place and it was my fault I left the two of them alone to go grab that stupid jacket. If only he would've taken the jacket himself, neither of them would have been left out of my sight. Benjamin wouldn't have had the chance to hurt anyone. Because I knew he would never do anything like that if I was watching.

What confused me was that he left me, cheating on me, for someone else; yet, he's back thinking he still has a shot with me?

I had a few missed calls from him but all of it had only resulted in me blocking his number. I wasn't interested in talking to him right now and if I were, I knew where to find him. We share friends and locations. There's always a possibility of me running into him or seeing him at a friend's get-together. That would be a remained situation and after this incident, I'm not sure how I feel about that.

"Sierra Jones?" It took me a while to process that somebody had called out my name but once I understood what that meant, I instantly stood up from the half-cracked chair and impatiently followed her slow steps towards a white room.

How come hospitals are always white? It makes them boring and rather frightening. It's like you can feel death happening when you enter a hospital, due to the colour scheme of it. It's in the air, the area surrounding this place. It's disturbing in every way possible and I couldn't wait to get out of here.

"He's okay, no major injuries," She said but I rolled my eyes discreetly, knowing that she was practically wrong, "He'll be back on his feet in no time. What happened was an awful incident and I suggest you help him file a lawsuit."

I nodded, not telling her how I had already written down all information that was needed to do so while I was waiting in that quiet room they'd put me in. It was almost like I was eager to get into court, get Benjamin to loose so that Justin could get justice for what happened. So that I didn't have to feel guilty anymore. I think winning a lawsuit against Benjamin was the only way for me to not feel too much guilt.