Chapter 4

It's Monday morning and despite Dominic bugging me to let him drive me to school, I'm driving myself. Come on, I have three days left so I can drive myself. I quickly got dressed after getting out of the shower and headed to the kitchen and I made coffee. I poured it in a cup and brought it to my lips as I hear my door bell go off.

I internally groan pushing myself off the counter and setting my cup down to answer the door. As I open the door I smile as bright as I can for it being 6 in the morning. Dominic stood with his arms crossed and a very serious look on his face.

"Well howdy, partner." I joked opening the door for him. He swiftly looked around before stepping into my home. As I shut the door he locked it. "Why did you lock that? It's in the morning and I'm here so it doesn't need to be-"

"Has anyone threatened you?" Dominic asked walking around the house looking for something. His dark eyes searched everything, high and low. "Mina?" He asked taking my hands in his. "Has anyone called, left notes, anything at all?"

"I don't understand. Why would anyone threaten me?" My brows furrowed together as I shook my head. He dipped his head to look into my green eyes.

"Yes or no, mini?"

"No, Dom, but-"

"I'll need have a car stay outside every night, I'll call the guys and have two come armed to watch the house. We also need to be careful about being seen together. Mina do you-"

"Dominic. Tell me what's going on." I demanded feeling my heart beat slowly speed up. He's scaring me. His eyes softened but you can still the sternness of them. "Tell me because you're freaking me out." My voice was just above a whisper. His hands landed on my shoulders gently squeezing them.

"It really is probably nothing," He started out speaking slowly as if I'd run away like a deer. "But we were seen together and a gang, rivals to us, mentioned visiting you sometime soon." I nodded taking everything in. Because I was seen with him, I could be killed. My heart is pounding away as I zone out.

Dominic brought me back from my thoughts when he pulled me into a tight, awkward, but nice hug. It was like he thought he'd crush me if he squeezed too hard.

My forehead rested over his heart, his heart is pounding too. After a few seconds he pulled away, I immediately miss the warmth that went with him. His eyes still were a dark blue but there was a softness to them.

I screamed hearing banging on my door, our moment was ruined. As I walked to the door Dominic threw his hand in front of me. He pressed him and I both up against the wall while taking out a gun. Dominic slowly unlocked the door then peeked out.

My face is burning and my heart feels like it's going to explode. Just as I thought my knees were about to buckle I heard a sigh of relief come from Dominic's lips.

As he pulls the door open I roll my eyes walking back into the kitchen for my coffee. I sat at the table watching men walk all through my house. This is a bit much, but am I going to argue with the Russian Mafia? Absolutely.

Dominic is throwing all kinds of orders around. He's pointing at things, yelling, whispering, everything. I decide that while my house is being torn apart I could at least make breakfast.

I start by making eggs they sat on the counter waiting for Bacon until Dominic comes in and eats them. He gave me a sly smirk as he walked out and I give him a horrific look. Immediately I run and tackle him to the floor.

"Make me more." I demanded sitting on his lap with my arms crossed. He laid flat on his back still giving me that stupid smirk. "Dominic, it's not funny." I began whining at him.