Chapter 12

"What is the mission?" I ask as I start putting the pepperoni on the top of the pizza. Dominic looks up from the oven sending me a small smile. I watch as he walks over and sits across the island from me.

"Uhm, well it's not really a mission. My father wants to retire and since I'm out of school he thinks I'm ready to be the leader of the mafia." He pauses and watches me place the pizza in the hot oven. "He's going to make me the official leader then I'm going to come back and he's going to stay in Little Russia to run our law firms."

I walk over washing my hands in the sink as he stares at me. Probably expecting something bad. "I didn't know you guys had law firms?" I reply as I dry my hands off with a hand towel. He smiles and his face turns red when I sit back down.

"Actually, my father started them for my mother. She loved being a lawyer." He chuckles and then scratches the back of his neck. Waiting for him to say something else I give him a small encouraging smile. I don't want him to be uncomfortable while he's talking about his family. "Once upon a time there was a lawyer who had a mafia leader as a client, they fell in love, she bailed him out and they had a son."

He ended his story with an awkward laugh. He seems embarrassed to talk about his mom but from what I've heard she was a wonderful woman. His dad always gets a goofy smile on his face when he talks about her and Nick and the guys get depressed but they say good things.

"What was your mother's name?" I push. I don't want to make him angry but no one will really tell me anything about her. It's like they don't want me to know because of some scary reason or maybe they don't want me to know because they're still sore about it.

It's possible that she died or left them. The way everyone talks about her I assume she died. If she left them I'd expect them to be mad at her at least a little bit but everyone gets all gushy when someone mentions her. If Dominic doesn't want to talk about her I won't make him, but I do want to know about her.

"Another time, sweetheart." He mumbles depressingly as he leans across the island and kisses my forehead. I silently huff but nonetheless I comply. I'm not going to push him too far. I'll wait until he wants to tell me.

I watch as he looks at the remaining time on the timer then he looks at the pizza. He wasn't lying when he said he'd make me a stuff crust and I am so hungry I'm pretty sure I'm drooling.

Kinda funny though, we had to make a huge pizza for everyone to eat. I had trouble picking it up to put in the oven. From what Dom told me it'd be him, Edward, Nick, Darry, David, Alex, Ross, Jeremy, and me. He has a huge oven so it fit but it's going to take forever for it to bake.

"What do you want to do for the next twenty minutes?" Dominic turns and starts walking over to me. I think for a minute but all I really want to do is run around my room and scream. "Did you even see the secret desk and drawer I built into your bookshelf?" He chuckles and pulls me to my feet.

"What?" I almost scream and bolt upstairs. I burst into the room and start looking at the bookshelves. Dominic strolls in behind me, walks over to one and pushes a button. A desk top rolls out, then he pulls on the shelf below it reveling a drawer with my laptop plugged into the charger and another charger for my phone. I walk over and start looking through it.

Before I knew what he was doing he pushed a button on the side of the shelf which pushed out a foldable chair. He folded it and placed it in front of me. "I figured you'd want a space to draw or something." He says as he wiped off the desk top. "I had most of these things custom made for you."

"Thank you, Dom." I whisper as I stand on my tip toes to kiss his jaw. He smiles down at me and runs one of his hands through my hair. "How much did all of this cost anyways?" I ask looking through the room. I make my way to the fridge and pull out two Starbucks coffees.