Chapter 22

*One week after the German gang incident*

"I'm going out." Dominic says coldly and stressed as he walks by me in the kitchen. "Cool, can I-"

"No, you cannot come." He says shortly. I nod to myself and keep my head down. He presses a fast kiss to my head and leaves. "Right." I mumble to myself pushing off the chair and leaving the kitchen just in time to see him walk out of the door.

"You okay, sis?" Nick asks from the couch. I nod pushing my hair back from my face. "Come sit, we'll watch a movie together." He says patting the seat next to him with a sad look on his face. I walk over taking the seat next to him just as he gets up to pick a movie.

We decide on a movie and now he's getting snacks which reminds me of the time Darry and I had a movie night.

~oOo~

I wake up to an empty bed. My arms reach out to find Dominic, only he's not there. All I feel are cold sheets. I prop myself up on my elbows looking around my room, there's no sign of anyone being in here except me.

I quickly get up pulling my hair up into a bun and changing into simple pj pants and one of Dom's gray shirts before looking in Dom's room only for it to be empty. Walking down the stairs I don't hear anyone talking like I normally do.

"Nick?" I call looking at my phone to see no massages or calls. Nick comes from one of the halls in sweatpants and a tank top while drying his hair. His tank top reveals his many tattoos. Does everyone have tattoos?? "Yeah?"

"Have you seen Dom?" I ask stuffing my phone into my pants pocket. His eyebrows furrow together as he thinks.

"Actually no, I don't think he came home last night." He says taking the towel off his head then throwing it around his shoulders. I sigh and rub my face before stomping down the stairs with Nick following close behind.

I dial Dom's number and sit at the kitchen counter waiting for him to answer. Soon enough I hear ringing at the door that matches my ringing. As the call goes to voicemail I hear the door open. I get up from my spot and go to see Dom.

"Hey," He says tiredly. I notice that he has huge bags under his eyes. I shake my head and begin walking back to the kitchen to get something to eat. There's no point in asking what he was doing because he probably won't tell me.

As soon as my hot pockets are done I hear insane pounding on the door. I groan very loudly and walk to the door answering it only to see Brittney.

"Oh, hi slut." I say letting her in. She immediately starts screaming for Dom. He comes down the stairs with sweatpants and no shirt with a towel around his shoulders. Which reminds me, where is Nick?

He instantly groans at the sight of her. I roll my eyes and go back to the kitchen for my food. "Why did you let the monster in?" Dom asks leaning against the door frame with an irritated look on his face.

"I figured that since you didn't want to see me last night you'd want to see her today." I murmur with just a little bit of venom in my voice. He rolls his eyes as she comes up and starts asking him out to which he shoves her out of the way.

"I was busy, okay?" He shoots back. "Yeah." I say getting up and walking to my room, food in hand. "Why are you this angry? I can't always be home." He argues. "Okay, Dom." I mumble walking through the halls.

"Why are you angry?" He pushes again this time putting his hand out so I have to stop. "I miss you!" I yell. "I miss you so damn much and you're never home anymore." I say softer putting my forehead on in his chest.

He wraps his arms around me and places a kiss to my forehead. "I'm sorry. I've just been having trouble taking on this entire job. At first it seemed easy and now I'm having to pull all nighters at the other houses." I just nod because I don't feel like that's true. Brittney comes up the stairs and that's my que to go in my room.

I sit in my window seat after grabbing a book. About five minutes pass and I hear Dom scream by against Brittney's protests then the door slam shut. As I'm about to start reading I hear knocking on my door.

"Dom, I know you said sorry but I really-" I start as I open the door only to see Nick. He's dressed in his black suit and has a saddened look on his face. "What is it?" I ask wearily.

"Dominic wants to see you." He leans in closer to my ear. "I don't think it's good." With those words my heart drops. I nod and get something nice to put on. The only thing in the house that can be heard are my heels on the floors.

Once I come to his door I fix my dress and hair one last time before knocking. A few seconds pass and I finally hear a 'come in' be snarled out. Slowly I open the door and as soon as Dominic sees it's me he starts shoving things into his desk.

I sit in the chairs that I've never had to sit in before and I play with my fingers looking into my lap. I glance up at him a couple of times to see a stern look on his face.

"We have to discuss something." He says in a deep voice while standing up. I stare nervously in my lap as he comes to kneel down next to me. His fingers travel up to my chin lifting my face to look in his eyes. Just as I think I need to throw up a huge grin appears on his lips. "We're going to Paris." He says finally. I have so many emotions right now.

"What?" I ask just to make sure I heard him right. "I said, we're going to Paris, babygirl. And Italy." He says again. I immediately grab him and kiss him as hard as I can. "Thank you, Dom," I say while kissing all over his face. "Thank you."

"I know I've been distant lately so I want to take you on a vacation." I kiss him on his forehead once more before kissing his lips this time grabbing a handful of his hair. "Calm down, babygirl. You're going to turn me on." He murmurs against my lips making me groan.

I finally just pull him in for a hug. "I'm sorry I've been mean lately." I whisper into his ear. He shakes his head. "I haven't been around. I understand why you were angry with me." He pauses for only a second. "We're leaving tomorrow night. Do you want help packing?"

"How long are we staying there?" I ask while looking back into his eyes. "We're staying in Paris for a month and we're staying in Italy for two weeks." A month and two weeks? "I don't have luggage bags," I point out to him.

"I had Nick grab some. Yours are the blue and mine are the black, they're in my room." He says while smiling. I grin and kiss him again. "Let's go pack, mini bear."

We walk up the stairs discussing who is going to take care of the mafia while we're gone. I guess Nick and the elders will have it covered. If anything happens while we're gone I don't know what Dominic's going to do when we get back.

~oOo~

Two hours of Nick helping me pack and Dominic sitting on my bed listening to music and I'm done. I'm not even going to mention how many times I had to unpack and repack because I couldn't decide on what to bring. Well until Nick came in and started helping me because Dom was busy with his things. Eventually he migrated into my room because he was bored.

Ever since everything with Darry happened it's only been Dom, Nick, and I in the house.It's been kind of boring to be honest. I've sat and talked to the maids multiple times just because.