Chapter 15

"I love you." I whisper back. Dom's eyes lit up at my words, his lips curled into a smile while he pulled me into a small hug. Next thing I know Dominic is picking me up off the floor then setting me onto the bed. He lays next to me and I nuzzle my face into his chest.

"When were you wanting to do our movie night?" Dominic asked lifting his head up to look at my face. I start to trace circles into his chest in response he closed his eyes and hummed.

"I was thinking after dinner we could do it." I answer truthfully. He doesn't open his eyes but he nods to my statement. Just as I was thinking about kissing Dom's jaw, Nick walks in and knocks on my door frame. Almost as if someone threatened to shoot him Dominic flies up in alertness.

"Uh sorry, you wanted me to let you know when it was around dinner time so you could make it." He informs us while switching from one foot to another. Dominic nods and waves him away before pushing himself up off the bed with a grunt.

"I can make dinner, if you want." I offered standing up. Dom shook his head and for the first time in front of me ruffled his hair. His hair was actually messy. So hot.

"I'm just sore because I fell asleep in the jet on the way home." I know a way to make you not sore, Mr. Gold~ "Oh yeah how's that?" Dominic asks with a sly smirk plastered on his face. That's when it hit me, I said that out loud. I made a joke about having sex with Dominic right to his face.

"I didn't say anything..." I whisper feeling heat rise to my face making me want to hide it. Dominic chuckles and shrugs. I wish I could hide anywhere right now. I wish I could run. I decide to change the topic as we walk to presumably the kitchen to make dinner. "Tell me about something I don't know."

"Well, you don't remember but your father and my father used to be best friends." He paused taking my hand into his as we walked down the stairs. "He was killed, he made my father promise to take care of you. We couldn't find you for years until we had moved here and we discovered you and I were going to be going to the same school."

I feel like I'm going to pass out. Edward knew my father, that's why he was so protective over me. My dad make him promise to take care of me before he was killed.

"My father was meaning to tell you but he thought it'd be best for me to do it." He explained as we step off the last stair. "I was assigned to watch over you at school, my father wasn't apposed to it but we weren't supposed to fall in love, it wasn't part of the plan." I gripped his hand harder as he let me sit at the island and tried walking away. "Your father loved you, Mini. He told my father that him and his wife, your mother, were having problems and he thought she'd take you away."

"That's how you knew my name before you asked for it," I pointed out remembering he had almost said my name when I fell and he caught me. I noticed that I still have his hand and the tip of his fingers are turning a dark shade of red. Immediately letting go of his hand I took a deep breath, he didn't seem to mind how I was holding his hand though.

"Yes. Now I know this is a lot to take in, you can ask as many questions as you want or say anything you want." He says and wraps his arms around me from behind. I nod and push my head into his chest where he meets my forehead with a kiss.

"How old was I when he died?" I ask realizing my mother wouldn't let me talk to him after their divorce when I was five. He thought for a second before answering.

"You were ten and I was twelve." He answers finally. "I'm going to start dinner, if you think of anything else feel free to ask." He let's go and walks over looking through everything.

"My dad was in the mafia?" I ask which is probably a stupid question, but I need to ask to be sure. If my dad was in the mafia then it'd make more sense why my mother wouldn't let me talk to him.