Chapter 7

~Dominic's POV~

Mina wiggles in her seat and I can't help but to just watch her. She's humming an American pop song that I have no clue about the name while she stuffs the French fries and chicken nuggets into her mouth. After a few times of eating she'll pick up her drink, take a small sip then put it back down.

She's completely unaware that my eyes are glued to her. Quite literally. Every piece of her body, every piece of her face, her hair, her lips, her personality, they all drive me insane. Don't get me started on this woman.

"We'll have to head back soon," I watch as her happiness fades. Suddenly she's packing the rest of her food and straightening out her dress. She stands and I realize her stiffness and maturity is back. I love when she's all happy and giddy.

I grab her food and drink and we walk to the car. All of her break I've had the urge to just kiss her, but she freaked out when I kissed her forehead earlier today. I don't want to push things too far.

Something snaps me out of my thoughts, not sure what it is, I look at Mina. She has her head against the window with her eyes closed. I can tell she's on the verge of sleeping so I know it wasn't her. Looking up at the rear view mirror I see a black SUV following maybe a little too closely.

I decided to ignore it, after all it could be my father or someone he sent. However I noticed that it doesn't have any plates on it which is weird. My father usually always has license plates on his cars.

"We're here," I whisper to Mina as I gently shake her. She nods and sits up tiredly. "You know if you came to live with us you would never have to work again. We'd, I would take care of you." She begins looking everywhere but my eyes. I know she's thinking about it and I know she thinks it's too soon but I hate seeing her tired from working to provide for herself. I want to provide for her.

She's so strong. She's been taking care of herself for most of her life, she never asks for help. Hell, she'd drown silently because she hates asking for help. I hate seeing her struggle, although she won't admit it, she needs help. She won't say it, but she needs to be taken care of by someone for a change.

I'm not saying she can't take care of herself, I know she can, I just want to do it for her. It'd be nice to see her lounging around my or our home doing things she loves just because she can. To see her relax instead of having to be uptight about whether or not she can buy food this week, or if she has enough gas to drive to work so she can make money to buy food.

"Give me one more month." Mina answers under her breath. Her lip is tucked in between her teeth and she's concentrating. "My lease to my house ends in exactly one month tomorrow, let me have the month to decide. If I want to I'll move in, if I don't I'll resign the lease and continue living in my house."

"If it will make you more comfortable, nothing has to happen between us. We're not moving in together as a couple, until you say anything about us being together, consider me your body guard." A small smile crosses her lips and she nods.

"I'll think about it, Dom." Her voice was soft but meaningful. I know she's thinking about it and that means the world to me even if she ends up saying no. Before she got out of the car she leans over and placed a gentle kiss on my jaw.

I watched as she walked up to the building, food and drink in hand. Once I started driving back to my house I heard a buzz, it was Mina's phone in the passenger seat. I hadn't realized it was there before.

Deciding to not look at the message, I pick up her handbag and phone and place them on the dash board. Another buzz came from her phone, then three more. I grab the phone to see five texts from an unknown number.