Chapter 6

It's been a few days since Dominic has come talked to me. I see him across the road sometimes but that's it. I can't help but feel like I've done something wrong.

I've been going to work, the store, and back home, that's it. Dominic has other men pick me up and drop me off. Nick and I have gotten closer too.

Since we've graduated early, there's really nothing else to do. I usually sit in my room reading or watching movies and if is Dom outside I watch him. I know that when I do he can see me just as well as I can see him.

All day I've been sitting on my couch staring into space. I jump and almost scream when I hear literal banging on my door. I don't bother trying to get up, rather I just yell for whomever to come in. Just as I sat up I watched Edward, Dominic, Nick, and about ten other men walk into my home.

My eyes connected with Dom's like they were magnets. They stood in a group Edward and Dom were in the front. I slowly stood walking in front of them. My eyes landed on Edward as he grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"Mina, although you aren't in obvious trouble, we would like you to consider living in our home." Edward spoke in a low tone still holding my hand.

"Live with you?" I respectfully pulled my hand away. "I literally just turned seventeen and I just graduated high school, I'm going to college next year." I mumbled to myself as well as them.

"Oтец, may I speak to her alone for only a second?" Dominic spoke up placing his hand on his father's shoulder. Edward nodded then began walking back outside. "Mini?" Dominic's voice made my heart start pounding.

"Dominic, it's too soon." I whispered turning around and tugging at the oversized shirt I'm wearing for a dress, of course I'm wearing shorts though.

His arms slipped around my waist pulling me into a hug. His chin rested comfortably on my head as my head leaned back against his neck.

"Nothing is too soon because there will be nothing until you want there to be something." Dominic's accent seemed normal to me by now, it wasn't surprising to hear them speak in Russian or with Russian accents.

"You living with us will only be for your protection," I turned around in his arms as he spoke. "You're in a lot more danger than we thought, but then again you don't have to move in with us either. We just thought it'd save time and money and possibly your life."

I nodded my head slowly as I put it down over his heart. "Give me some time to think about it? I really think it's too soon. We only met like two weeks ago."

"Done. I'll go tell my father." Dom said pulling away. Suddenly I felt a chill go down my spine. "Also, I'm picking you up for work tonight." He mumbled in my ear making my knees go weak.

I watched as he walked to the door, opened it and winked as he left. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and realized my shirt was balled in my fists. I hate how he makes me act retarded. (A/N I will not be apologizing for the use of the word 'retarded' I don't care how it makes you feel when I use it in that context. It is a *fictional* book about *teenagers.* My best suggestion is to find a more suitable book for your taste if it does bother you. Thanks for reading! ❤)

~oOo~

Dominic grinned at me as I sat in his car. I smiled back, it was small but nice. Obviously he likes my dress because his eyes are glued to my body. What can I say? Working at the restaurant that I do, I have to dress nicely. It was a simple black, long dress that I wore with black heels. Black dresses and shoes like this are a requirement at work.

All of the sudden I feel very timid. My eyes go back to my hands in my lap. Dominic's lips fall into a frown as he starts the car. I zone out thinking of the things that make Dominic better than me until I feel a huge hand grasp my thigh. I look up to see an encouraging smile on Dom's face.

"You know you're perfect, right?" I nodded to him then gently laid my head down on his bicep. His hand remained on my thigh as his thumb drew circles in my skin, it wasn't a sexual kind of touch which made me feel happier.

Although I wouldn't mind-

"Mini?" A deep voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up at Dominic just as a smug grin spreads across his face. My heart pounded against my ribcage so hard I could hear it.

"Did I say that out loud?" I let out a squeal as I shot up in my seat. A look of confusion crossed Dominic's face at first then he began chuckling under his breath.

"I don't know what you were thinking about I was just going to tell you we're here and that I'll be bringing you lunch tonight." My heart beat slowed down just a little, but I'm sure he knows what I was thinking about by now.

Looking up at the building it looks just as fancy on the outside as it does on the inside. In bright yellow letters it says a French word I couldn't pronounce even if I wanted to. I'm sure it'd roll off Dominic's tongue much better than my own. Although he's Russian I'm pretty sure he's been trained to speak about ten different languages.

"Thank you," I whisper. As I go to open the door Dominic grabs my arm. I turn to look at him just as his lips meet my forehead and just like that my heart was pounding again. I shuffled my way out of the car as as fast I could.

I kept my handbag as close to my chest as I could get it and I lifted my long dress off the ground to quickly walk into the French restaurant I call work. By the time I made it in the restaurant my feet were sore and my chest was falling up and down in a rapid pattern.

Ashton stared at me with an amused look. "Don't you look at me like that, you child." I muttered while walking in the back room to place my things on the counter and to fix my hair. He followed slowly but I could feel his gaze burning the back of my head.

"So... Who's the man in the suit?" I look to see Ashton leaning against the counter next to the employee fridge.

"Dominic," There's a glint in his eyes, I can tell he's already heard of the "oh so famous Dominic Gold and his big bad mafia being in town".

"And, what's he doing dropping you off at work? You can't seriously think that I didn't notice you being dropped off in limousines and big black SUVs all the sudden?" His face held the amused look, trying not to pay attention to him I rearranged my hair to make it look better.

"Are you sleeping with him?" Ashton basically screams. I whip around and hit his chest.

"Shut the fuck up. No I am not!" He shut laughs as I walk over to grab my pen and pad. "Can you please do your job? I'd like to start working you dick face." I throw his pen and pad at him playfully as he mocks me.

I walk out of the room and began walking over to my first table. "Hello, my name is Mina, I'll be your waitress tonight. Can I start you off with some wine?"