Chapter 25

Dominic looks at me with his blue eyes shimmering, his jaw looking more prominent. "Did you enjoy our vacation?" He asks while running his up my leg causing me to suck my bottom lip between my teeth.

"Yes." I hum as he kneels in front of me kissing my leg tenderly. Reaching down I run my fingers through his hair. His hands settle on my upper thighs as he leans in to kiss me. I shudder at the contact but I push my body against his in return.

"We are getting ready to land. Please put on your seatbelts." We hear the pilot call. I gently push Dom back with my foot teasingly. He groans and sits in his seat with a lustful look in his eye.

Dominic and I did have a lot of sex over the course of our vacation, but we never forgot how much it means. Even though it makes us feel good it goes beyond that. It symbolizes love for one another.

Coming back to the house I feel like it's going to be bad again. I feel like he's going to ignore me like he did before. I don't know though, maybe he will put in extra effort to be with me. Until then I'll do cleaning around the house and I'll dress nicely because I can't help but feel like I embarrass him walking around the house like I do.

"You okay?" Dominic snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up at him with a small smile and nod unbuckling myself and pushing off the seat. "Let's go, mini bear." He whispers pressing a kiss to my temple.

"I think I'm going to lie down when we get inside." I admit whole grabbing all if my bags. Dominic nods while taking my bags from me.

I can admit that with Dominic not spending as much time with me I don't get the same feelings like I used to. I don't get nervous around him and I don't do stupid things by accident. That's not supposed to happen this early into a relationship.

Once we reach our hall Dominic drops off his bags in his room first as I begin to strip to lie down. He comes in just as I make my way to my closet in only a bra and my underwear. I quickly pick out a cropped tank top and short shorts to wear. After I put them on I walk back to Dom.

"I'd love to stay, but I need to go to the elders. Nick will be here in case you need anything." He says before kissing me quickly and rushing out of the room. So much for spending time together. I think as I lie down in my bed.

~oOo~

"Mina," Someone say while gently shaking me. "It's time for dinner." That's not Dom, it'd have to be Nick. I open my eyes to see Nick in normal jeans and a blue T-shirt. I nod sitting up and throwing the blanket off of me.

"Where's Dominic?" I ask ruffling my hair and getting out of bed. He gets a sad look on his face and I know what that means. He's not home. I stretch before going to my closet. "I'll be down in a few minutes." I say looking for clothes. He says okay and dismisses himself from my room. I pick out a tight nude colored dress with matching heels.

When I'm finished putting them on I pull my hair up into a bun and head down stairs. I can't help but be proud of how this dress hugs all of my curves perfectly showing off my body in a tasteful way.

When I get to the dining room there's food laid out on the table and only two sets of dishes. There's more food than usual, maybe Nick wanted something special to make up for Dom not being here.

I sit and wait for Nick to come in the room to serve myself. After a few minutes he comes in with a small smile taking his seat across from mine. He piles food on his plate and I decide on the soup they made.

Occasionally we would talk about how the Mafia is doing but for the most part dinner has been quiet. I know Nick wants to ask something since he's been glancing up at me every few minutes. He's even opened his mouth as if he was going to say something and then he closes it once again.

"How are you and Dom?" He asks playing with his food. I glance up at him and smile. "We're okay," He gives me a look saying 'tell me the truth'. "He's gone a lot, but I love him. Lately he's been short with me so I don't really know how we are because he's not around enough for me to figure it out." I say honestly while taking another spoonful of my soup.

"What about your trip?" He says while taking a bit of his steak. I look down to my lap wondering why he's asking. I know Nick knows more than me but what does he know?

"It was great. We never went but a few minutes without each other. But now that we're back home," I pause thinking. he's distant again." I mumble knowing that it was true. Nick looks like he feels bad for me but he smiles and nods. "What has he been doing?" I ask setting my spoon down.

Nick looks up like a deer in headlights and clears his throat while glancing away. "Missions, mostly." I want to press him further but I don't want to get him in trouble with Dominic. I know they're hiding something.

Deciding not to push I gather my dishes and take them to the kitchen telling Mary she can have the night off. I run dish water and place all of the dishes in it. Nick walks in and puts more dishes in the sink.

"I can do those for you." He offers while leaning on the counter beside me. I look into his eyes as if my answer would be spelled out in them. "I'm fine." I say averting my gaze back to my hands. He nods to himself but stays put until in done. He dries off the dishes and puts then away then he turns back to me.

"Wanna play a video game?" I agree and tell him we should get snacks from my room since another movie night with Dom obviously isn't going to happen. He heads to the game room to set up the video games as I run to my room to change and grab snacks. I change back into my crop top and shorts heading down the stairs with arms full of snacks.

I walk into the game room and he already has the sofa and TV set up. Throwing the snacks and drinks on the table I plop down onto the couch and he hands me a controller.

"Ready to get your ass kicked?" I ask while picking up gummy bears and a soda. "Yeah right." He scoffs picking up his own snack and drink.

We play the game for about two hours and I totally won. Fair and square. Not really... The only reason why I won as many times as I did was because I kept pushing his controller out of his hands. Oops...

"Do you want to watch a movie?" He yawns softly into his hand then he looks over at me. I copy his actions while nodding. He picks a random movie while I put all of the stuff back on the table adjusting so I'll be comfy. He walks over and sits next to me.

"Nick?" I turn onto my side to look at him. He hums and looks at me. "Do you have a family?" Something I don't recognize flashes in his eyes but he nods. "Can I know about them?" I ask shifting so I can look at him better.

"I have a little sister that I used to takw care of." He smiles softly. "Her name is Skylar. My parents died so I took over. I came into the mafia looking for money. They housed us, fed us, clothed us. Took care of us." I look down thinking maybe my dad would have been the one to car before them. "Skylar's married now, she's living a luxurious life with a great man, and I'm still here. Still selling drugs and killing people." He finishes off with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Nick." I don't know what to say to that. I thought he loved being a part of the mafia. "How old are you?" I ask curiously. "I'm older than Dominic. I'm twenty four." That surprises me. I always thought he was Dominic's age.

"Have you ever tried to leave?" I ask noticing we're inching together slowly. "If I left they'd kill me. I know too much." I nod and glance down at his lips asking myself why I'm letting my body get closer to his. I feel his breath fan over my face and I shoot up from my seat.

"I-I need to go." I say running through the house to my room. I can hear Nick calling after me saying he's sorry but I don't pay attention. I run into my room and I start packing everything I can. Once I'm done I run back downstairs in search for my keys.

I find them in Dom's office and as I go to the garage Nick stops me. "Please don't leave. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking, I hate seeing you this upset about Dominic." He explains holding my arm.

"Nick, I can't stay here. I'm going insane." I say trying to pull away. "Don't tell Dom, tell him I just left. I don't want you getting in trouble." I plead. He finally nods and let's go of my arm, I kiss his cheek and hug him. "Give me three minutes to get ahead." He agrees and I run to my old car. As I throw my bags into the back I jump in and drive off staring the ring on my ring finger.

I'm sorry, Dom.