Chapter 10

"How do you feel?" Dominic asks walking into his room. Or should I say our room. It's been a few days since we were at the mall and he asks me how I feel every time he sees me. I look up from my book and smile to him. I shrug as he sits next to me. "I miss you." He mumbles and takes my hand into his.

"I'll do it." I whisper. He gives a confused look and starts to ask what I'm talking about but I cut him off. "I'll move in with you guys, but I want my own room and bathroom and I also want to keep my job." He looks like he's excited but he also looks like he's trying to hide it.

Suddenly a sly smirk crosses his lips making me weary of him. "What do you want?" I ask slowly, he leans into my ear, so close I swear I can feel his lips on me.

"In about a month and a half I've gotten you into my bed and now you're moving in with me." He mumbles teasingly. I slam my book shut as I scoff and roll my eyes.

"The only reason why I'm in your bed and moving in with you is because you almost got me killed in more than one occasion, Mr. Gold." He laughs standing up. I stare at him waiting for him to do something stupid.

"I was only kidding, mini bear." He laughs again before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on the top of my head. "I need to go talk to my father about getting you things for your room and getting your things." I feel my cheeks heat up, no doubt that I'm blushing.

I mumble an okay and he walks out to talk to his father. For some reason for the past few days Edward and everyone else has been acting weird around me except for Dom. Nick and the guys wiggle their eyebrows at me, Edward says I'll make an exceptional woman, and the seniors whisper around me. I feel like Dominic told them something embarrassing about me.

~oOo~

Dominic and I decided that I don't need the things like my couch, refrigerator, stove, bed, etc. I told him I wanted everything else though. At the moment they're loading everything up in the trucks while Dominic and I are picking out what color I want my room painted.

He keeps suggesting pink but I want blue. After arguing for about thirty minutes he finally just tells me fine and buys me the blue paint. He also bought me blue things like bed sheets, rugs, curtains, bathroom things like those to match.

They've been putting me in physical therapy. I can walk okay now but they make me take medication so I don't end up hurting myself. At first it felt like I was being shot all over again. Eventually, after a few sessions, it got better. It doesn't hurt as much but if I walk on for too long it feels like someone is digging their fingers around in the wounds.

"Okay so when we get back they should have most of your things there but we'll have to wait to put them in your room because we're painting it." Dominic paused to place the paint and bags in the trunk. "You'll have to sleep in a guest room tonight." He suggested as he got in the driver's seat.

"Dom?" I mumble just high enough for him to hear me. He starts the car and hums as if to ask what. "How are you okay when you were shot five times? I was only shot twice and I feel like my body is being ripped apart." He kind of chuckles but it felt like he was worried.

"Actually, I've been shot a few times before. You just kind of get used to it." He turns to face me as he smiles. "Trust me, this will be the first and last time you will be shot." He mumbles and kisses my cheek. I nod feeling my heartbeat get harder and harder.

"Dominic?"

"Yes, mini?" Dom glances at me for only a second before he starts to pull out of the parking spot and out of the parking lot. His blue eyes are almost cold looking, but he still holds warmth in them.

"D-Do you think of me differently since you know...?" I ask not wanting to finish the sentence. His eyes turn even colder as he reaches for my hands that are placed loosely in my lap. I stare at him hoping he will answer me. He waited a few minutes to answer almost as if he was trying to carefully think of one.

"I don't think of you and differently. However I feel like I need to protect you more than I have been." His voice is shakey and his hand is tightening around mine. "You had no choice. It was either you shoot him and we live or you don't shoot him, I die, and you had a chance of dying." He mumbles and pulls into the driveway. I don't know how long we were sitting in silence but it was long enough to get us home.

I go to get out if the car until I feel his hand on my thigh keeping me in the seat. I feel the urge to just go home and sleep in my bed and never talk to him again but I stay. I stay because I don't have my own home. I stay because I know there's a lot more going on than Dominic just having feelings for me.

Truth is, if that was all that's going on then things would be a lot different. Instead of just Dominic being protective over me, it's everyone. They can't think I don't notice them talking about me, their meetings about me, and the way they all look at me.

"Let's go get your room set up." Dominic smiles but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. I know there's something else he wants to tell me but I'm not going to force it out of him. In return I just smile and nod.

~oOo~

One minute we were painting my room and now we're painting each other. It all started when he put a dot of paint on my nose and then I used a roller to paint his back. He looked like he was angry at me and now he's straddling me on the floor with my hands above my head.

"So you think it's okay to paint my very expensive suit jacket?" He growls as he leans down to my face. All I can think of doing is laughing, so that's what I do. He simply smirks and raises an eyebrow making my heart skip a beat.

"What did I tell you about teasing me?" Dominic whispers into my ear making me shudder. I'm about to protest when I feel his lips press to my jaw. I let out a gasp and then I clamp my mouth shut. "I noticed you purposely bending over in front of me in these tiny shorts." That was... True. I had done that about ten times.

I feel his hands shift and him hold both of mine under just one of his, then one of his fingers curled into one of the loops of my shorts. "I told you, don't tease me because I don't know how long I can control myself, babygirl." He whispers against my neck then he harshly sucks on it causing me to almost scream.

His finger tugs at my shorts a few times, but not trying to pull them off of course. My chest is rising and falling at a rapid speed as he moves all around my neck and jaw. First he starts with small kisses then he sucks on the spot ending it with a soft bite. My legs feel like they're jelly to the point where I can't use them to try to lift him off me.

Instead of fighting against him I'm being left as a puddle in the floor as he teases me. I can feel his lips pull into a smirk with every small moan that leaves my lips. He finally frees my hands to grab my abdomen and bringing my chest meet his lips. My hands go straight for his hair as I use it to pull his face down so I can kiss him.

The sound of someone clearing their throat is what made us come back into reality. We look up to see a blonde girl in the slutiest outfit ever. She's wearing a mini skirt that's not even her size and a cropped tank top that's too small to cover her fake breasts. Her fake tan is orange, her lips are a bright pink, and her eyeshadow is blue.

"Dom? Why would you do this to me?" She fake cries into her hands. "I can't believe you'd cheat on me like this," She looks down at us again. "with this, slut!"

"What the fuck?" Dominic and I say as a unison. He keeps his place on my legs but he pulls me into his chest. "What the hell are you talking about, Samantha?" He speaks again. I try getting up and leaving so they can have privacy but Dominic keeps my face in his chest which also excludes me out of their conversation.

Bummer. I sit and listen to them argue for about fifteen minutes until David comes in to take her out of the house. The only things I could hear is her telling him that her 'daddy' is going to know about this and Dominic just saying he doesn't care and they were never ever a thing.

Now Dominic is literally on a mission around the house to see who sent Samantha to my room. All we've figured out is Edward knew she was coming over. He has his arm draped around my shoulders pulling me around the house. This should be fun. Yay.