SherlockxReader: First Meeting

Warnings: None
Pairing: SherlockxReader 

Enjoy!

You had been in London for six months. How long had you been living in 221C? Five months. How long have you known Sherlock?

Two months.

You hadn't even met him in your own building. It was, instead, on a case. You were the forensic pathologist assigned to the case that Sherlock was on instead of the begging Molly Hooper. Unfortunately for her, you was bored out of your mind and had heard of, like everyone else who knew Molly's obsession, the Great Sherlock Holmes. He could tell you your entire life story just by looking at you. Also, he was your mysterious flatmate. Sounded interesting enough.

So you were in the lab, waiting for the body to arrive as well as the Great Sherlock Holmes, and you were just reading some random stuff *cough* Harry Potter fanfiction *cough* on your phone. And then the door opened to reveal two men, one short, with an annoyed look on his face, the other tall with an almost insane one.

"Where is the body?" The tall one with the baritone voice asked. Yup, this was definitely Sherlock. I'd heard enough from Molly to know him by first looking at him. I even knew his blood type. Ridiculous.

"I'm sorry, but the body has not arrived yet, Mr. Holmes, so I'd suggest you calm the bloody hell down or go find another case," you said calmly, not even looking at him. You could only make out by not even looking that he had dark brown messy curls and pale skin. His friend had grayish-blondish-silverish hair with tanned skin.

You put your phone down finally to get a good look at the two of them. To your blank-faced amusement, both of them looked a little startled. Sherlock looked exactly how Molly had described him...fifty times over: tall, dark brown curly locks, high cheekbones sharp enough to cut butter, and mesmerizing eyes without a distinct color. You didn't dare look at his eyes for too long or else you'd end up staring. You didn't know the short man, probably because Molly had never mentioned him, for some mysterious reason. *cough* obsessed with Sherlock *cough*.

Sherlock seemed to have composed himself. "When will it arrive?"

I smirked. "Well, let's see...exactly six point seven seconds!" You said voice practically dripping with sarcasm. "I don't know, Mr. Holmes."

The small man looked like he was going to explode with laughter, but he kept it in. Sherlock, however, looked annoyed, maybe frustrated.

You sighed, knowing he would be overly predictable and tell you your life story. Ah, there he goes!

"You are an anti social forensic pathologist who is underpaid. You live in a dingy flat with rowdy neighbors." You almost smiled at that statement. "You just moved here some months ago from, Bath, isn't it? You're previous roommate kicked you out because of her relationship with a man. You used to be an avid alcoholic before switching to having an addiction with fanfiction and books." He then paused before adding. "Also, call me Sherlock."

You fake-smiled at the curly haired man. "First of all, Sherlock, I'm not anti social. I merely don't care for social interaction as much as I do my work. Second of all, it wasn't Bath that I moved from, instead Lacock. Very different. Thirdly, my roommate did not kick me out, but instead my landlord. Let's just say that boredom is not my friend. And lastly, it was not alcoholism, but smoking that I had an addiction to. The few things that are left are all right, though."

The smaller man snorted, and earned a glare from Sherlock. Suddenly, people came in with the body and you began your work.

"See the faint markings here?" You said to Sherlock and the small man who had introduced himself as John Watson, then pointing to some small marker like marks on the dead man's forearm and wrist. "They look almost like..." You trailed off, going into a long train of thought. You hadn't even noticed that you had closed your eyes until you opened them in realization.

You quickly ran out of the room, leaving two very confused men standing by a body. Even Sherlock had no idea what you were doing. He had assumed that the marker lines had come from his teaching job. You came back quickly, holding a...UV light?

You came close to he body, plugged the light in, and shined it on the corpse's forearm. There shown words in another language; Latin, you recognized. Sherlock's eyes widened. How did he not notice it?

"You know, you're not as impressive as everyone portrays you," you said smugly.

You checked your watch, knowing that you're boyfriend was waiting for you to get off work. You sighed, walked over to the coat rack, hung up your lab coat and goggles to trade for your (f/c) jacket, and went for the door.

"Who are you?" You heard Sherlock say before you left the room.

You looked at the two men by the edge of the door and said, "The name's (y/n) (y/l/n), and the address is two two one C Baker Street." You then left two very confused and impressed men with invisible Latin words in a dead man's forearm.

And that's how you met the Great Sherlock Holmes.

————•————•————•————
A/N Hey! So basically I started this on an airplane, right? And now I finished it in a car. So I will not be able to publish it and by the time you read this it will have already been published, but does it look like I really care? No, no it doesn't.

REQUESTS ARE MOST DEFINITELY OPEN!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd let you know.

Anyways, thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed!

-Kris