MoriartyxReader: Horror Movies

Pairing: MoriartyxReader (FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! GEEZ! WHAT TOOK SO LONG, AUTHOR-CHAN? Oh, wait. I'm that person...)
Warnings: Scary movie stuff

A/N: Heyo! I'M FINALLY DOING A MORIARTY ONE SHOT! And I still have to do a Lestrade one... Oh well! Happy Halloween!

Hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

Halloween was pretty boring for you, even when your boyfriend happened to be something of a serial killer. You hated parties, so you never went to any, trick or treaters were taken care of by your landlord and his wife, and there was nothing to do. 

Except eating candy while watching horror movies.

You hated them, but that didn't mean you couldn't force yourself to watch a couple. It was a sort of love-hate relationship between you and the movies. Fortunately for you, your boyfriend Jim loved them. Tonight was the night to snuggle up with a ginormous bowl of popcorn, junk food, and no lights.

"Soda, check. Popcorn, check. Milk Duds, check. Licorice, check," you said to yourself while setting up. "What am I forgetting?" 

Suddenly, the doorbell from downstairs rang, interrupting your thoughts. You checked your clock on the wall and was surprised to see that it was a little after 4:30 already. It was probably Jim showing up for the movie marathon. You ran into the toilet to check your hair and make up quickly.

"Love?" you heard an Irish voice belonging to your boyfriend say from outside the toilet. "Where are you?" 

"Coming!" you shouted. "Just using the toilet!" You hurried and brushed a little spot of hair that was sticking out with your fingers and headed out. When you went into the living room, you saw your infamous boyfriend, Jim Moriarty, wearing some jeans and a  grey T-shirt. "Ready?"

"Of course," he replied with a little glint in his eye. That glint sent shivers up your spine, but it was somewhat perfect for tonight.

It was going to start off slow, with only watching Halloween for a throwback into the Eighties. It was cheesy, but still pretty scary. The fact that a crazed maniac with a lust for blood escaping from a loony bin could actually happen frightened you. Then again, Jim was a bit crazy, but you didn't make a fuss. 

Then you went onto The Shining. You'd never seen it before, but you'd read the book and it had given you a couple nightmares. You made sure to check behind shower curtains for a couple months afterwards. It was a lot scarier than Halloween, but unrealistic. Inside your head you were pointing out all the things that could never happen. Jim was holding you close the entire time, which helped.

You and Jim had watched two more, The Sixth Sense (your favorite horror movie) and The Excorsist. You were a pansy the entire time and Jim had to hold you close. A couple of times you were so scared you wanted to leave the room, but he would always coax you back onto the couch. His arms around you made you feel safe and protected. You could hear his heartbeat the entire time, but it was steady. He wasn't afraid of the movies. And that comforted and annoyed you at the same time.

Finally, after what felt like ages, the movies were over. You checked the clock to see that it was 2 AM. Jim looked too and smirked. 

"Kept me here all night, Love," he said playfully, noticing the clock as well. "But it was quite funny."

You felt your cheeks heat up. "Yeah, yeah. My fear is hilarious. Thanks, though. But why weren't you scared?"

Jim was silent for a bit and your noticed ice freeze in his eyes pointed at the ground. Then realization struck you like lightning: most of the stuff in the movies he had already seen. I mean, Cole in The Sixth Sense being able to see spirits is obviously not something one would ever see, but Jack in The Shining going into a murderous rampage with an axe is. And for the Napolean of Crime himself, it was kind of a daily thing.

"Never mind, I guess," you said before he could answer. The ice in Jim's brown eyes melted. He looked at you and smiled a bit.

"I had fun tonight," he said.

"Yeah, me too. Despite the fact I was scared the whole time," you answered sheepishly. "Probably going to have nightmares for a week now."

There was a pause before Jim said, "Do you want me to stay? So you can sleep better?" 

Your eyes widened, but you smiled. "That'd be nice, actually. Thanks." 

You then involuntarily yawned loudly, feeling a wave of exhaustion hit you, as Jim scooped you up and carried you princess style into the bedroom. You would've protested, but you were too tired to care. He layed you gently on the bed, put a blanket on you, and then kissed your forehead. 

Your amazing boyfriend turned to leave, probably for the couch, but you grabbed his arm, signalling him to stay. He smiled and layed down next you. "I love you," you whispered, feeling your eyes droop.

Jim wrapped his arms around you and whispered, "Love you too, Sunshine." Before you drifted off into sleep.

And for the first time after watching horror movies, you didn't get nightmares.

--------------------------------------------

A/N: Short? Yes. Sweet? I hope so. 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!! DON'T LET THE SERIAL KILLERS WITH THE CHAIN SAWS GETCHA!!

But wait, HOW THE HADES DID 300 READS GET THERE??!?!?!?!?!?!? 

You guys are amazing! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! In a nice, not stalker way, of course. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed!!

-Kris