SherlockxReader: Musical Game Show Part One

A/N: Heyooooo. I'm back. With INSPIRATION!

Anywho, I believe this one shot requires a bit of explanation to it.

READ PLEASE

If you watch TV (which if you haven't, how and why are you here), you might've seen a commercial about guessing a song. If you have, it might've told you it in a few seconds, it shows you the answer and announces that if you got the answer before it told you that you should enter a contest against a robot that can quickly tell you the song and see if you can guess the song first.

Simple, right?

Well, I'm kinda basing some *cough* MOST *cough* of this one shot off of that.

I hope you enjoy!

Pairing: SherlockxReader (TITLE, PEOPLE. T I T L E.)
Warnings: None

————•————•————•————

Sherlock's POV

"Sherlock?" I heard John say right as I was about to enter my Mind Palace. A scowl found my face as I looked over at the army Doctor, who was facing my open laptop.

"What is it?" I answered, annoyed.

"There's an invitation to take part of a well known game show as a guest star in your email inbox," John replied. I rolled my eyes.

"Delete it," I replied immediately, turning away.

"What? Why?" The doctor stammered. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!"

"Then you agree to it," I shot back. I wasn't in the mood for this conversation, but John pushed.

"Sherlock," he gave me a look. No, the look. I was used to it, so I quickly brushed it off.

"I'm not going," I replied.

"Yes, you are!" John almost shouted. Why did he care? I looked at him, deducing the possibly solutions.

"Oh, I see," I said, figuring it out. "You think this will make your blog more popular, right?"

"No, I don't," he answered much too quickly. I smirked, knowing I caught him. "Well, that might be part of the reason... But still! You're going. My blog is your way of income, and the more popular it gets, the more cases you get."

I huffed, knowing he was right but not admitting it. "What's the game show?"

John smiled. "It's name is Beat Shazam."

---Time skip brought to you by:---
---NONSTOP MUSIC---

(Y/N) POV

You were nervous, and yet confident. Was there a word for that? Or was it a total contradiction?

You were always good with song names. And tunes. And memorizing. So you were grateful to be on Beat Shazam, the place where you had to be good at that. Winning was the only option, really. What else was there to do in this game?

The water bottle they had given you was already drained. Getting nervous made you dehydrated. The show prep started in ten minutes and you knew none of the other contestants. Socializing was never your expertise.

"Ms. (Y/L/N)?" You heard someone say. You turned to see one of the stage crew helpers with curly brown hair and freckles standing there. "You have to be out there in..." He looked at his watch. "Thirty seconds."

You looked at your watch, then at the clock on the wall. Your watch was behind by almost ten minutes. Should've just used the clock on the wall instead of relying on this dumb old watch...

"Alright, uh," you said awkwardly. "Could you show me where that is? I'm kinda lost..."

"Of course. This way," the boy led you through backstage very, very quickly. You were almost jogging to keep up with him.

When you'd arrived on set, you thanked him as he left in a dash. You probably made him late for something...

You looked at the stage, which was full of nine other contestants, not including yourself. The game was basically plot out so you would face the contestants first until it was left up to a few to go against the Beat Shazam machine, one of the fastest song guessing machines in the world. Whoever had the most points with the machine, would win the game and receive one million dollars.

It was a pretty nice deal, if you said so yourself.

Pretty soon it was announced you would have to take your seat for the audience to arrive and the show to go on live. You looked over the other contestants again until one of them caught your eye: A tall man with curly, dark brown hair, pale skin, highest of the cheekbones, and a bored expression on his face. He almost looked like he was pouring. Like he didn't want to be here.

You watched him for couple seconds before taking your seat. This was going to be a long night...

---Time skip brought to you by:---
---Housekeepers---

"Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Beat Shazam!" The announcer shouted, beginning the cheesy game show. You, as well as the other contestants, sat in a large, pearly white chair. You were almost afraid to do anything as to ruin the fancy seating.

The audience applauded to the announcement of the start. "Tonight we have ten contestants including a special guest star! Now, to introduce our contestants!" The announcer (whose name you believe to be Bill) turned towards the contestants.

The camera first shined upon the man that you'd been staring at (which is terribly creepy) before, sitting all the way across the room from you. "Our special guest star contestant, Sherlock Holmes!"

So that was his name...and he was the guest star. You wondered why he was famous, as you had never heard of or seen him.

The announcer whose name was probably Bill and camera went through each of the contestants until finally they came to you. "And last, but certainly not least, (Y/N) (Y/L/N)!" The crowd cheered as Bill moved towards the audience again.

"Now, to the rules and how the game works. There will be three preliminary rounds that eliminate two people per round. Each round will have a different category. If you answer incorrectly, you will lose points and vice versa with answering correctly. The amount of points each query is worth depends on the speed, accuracy, and category. After the six from the preliminaries are eliminated, the four left will team up into two teams. Those teams will compete and whoever wins will go against the Beat Shazam machine." Bill the announcer turned towards the contestants yet again. "Is everything clear?"

You as well as the other contestants nodded unanimously.

"Then let's begin!"

————•————•————•————
A/N: I'm sorry if I made the rules of the game too confusing. This was kinda made up as I went along, to be honest.

Anywho, there WILL be a part two, so don't worry.

Hope you enjoyed!

REQUESTS ARE OPEN!

-Kris