SherlockxReader: Harry Potter Crossover

A/N: THIS ONE'S FOR ALL YOU POTTERHEADS OUT THERE!!!

Hope you enjoy!!

Warnings:

----------/----------

You weren't sure how you met him. Nor did you know how you became friends. Nevertheless, you were the best friend of the 10-year-old genius, Sherlock Holmes.

To say you were inseparable was an understatement. You were practically joined at the hip with the guy, telling him everything and anything shamelessly. Both of you were the school outcasts, which created a great opportunity to survive as losers together.

Today was like every other day: you and Sherlock were meeting up at the library during lunch. Nothing special.

Except it was.

You had bad news to deliver to Sherlock today. News that required you to lie, which you were extremely good at but loathed immensely.

Ducking through the crowd of incompetent primary schoolers, you managed to make it to the library with not even a scratch. It was a miracle! You went over and sat next to Sherlock, who was reading a book on codes and ciphers. It took all of your effort to get his attention on you.

"Sherlock," you said seriously. "I need to tell you something..."

"What is it?" The little boy asked impatiently, obviously annoyed that he wasn't able to read anymore. "I was just learning about the Atbash cipher..."

"I'm being sent off to boarding school," you said quickly.

Silence.

More silence.

And even more silence.

Then, the curly haired boy broke the quiet. "What?"

You bit your lip, preparing to lie straight to his face. "My parents are sending off to this prestigious boarding school for girls. I'll start there in September."

"So you're leaving me?"

"Huh? No! Of course not! I'll come and visit over the holidays, of course. Christmas and Summer."

Sherlock looked down at his hands, obviously feeling awkward and uncomfortable. "Where is it? Can I visit anytime soon?"

"I don't think they allow visitors, but I'll be sure to write!" You reassured him. "It's going to be fine. Just you wait."

However, after a summer of both of you pretending that you didn't have to go to a "prestigious boarding school", the day had arrived. You had hoped you would be able to say goodbye to Sherlock before you left, but your hopes were crushed as you were carried off in a rush to your new home and school.

Over the years, you wrote to your good friend frequently, telling him as much as you could about your school life without letting the cat out of the bag. It was quite difficult, seeing that most of the exciting things that happened at school had to be kept a secret from him.

You also visited every Christmas and came back every Summer. Every time you returned, though, he seemed more and more aloof. You couldn't deny that you were both drifting apart from one another.