SherlockxReader: Home Visit Part Three

A/N: Oh look! I actually got around to writing this!

Sorry for the wait. It just took me awhile to come up for the inspiration for this seeing as I had a writers block with it.

Anywho, hope you enjoy.

Warnings: Cussing

--------------------------------------------------

"Where the heck is he?" (Y/F/N) said in a scared tone.

"We're in rural Utah. He can't have gone far," you said in a tone that made it sound like you were trying to convince yourself otherwise. You and (Y/F/N) had been searching the town for your boyfriend with some other people who had spread out for about an hour now. Both of you were in a graveyard in the middle of the night. You weren't scared because living with Sherlock had kind of trained you not to be scared of dead stuff, but (Y/F/N) on the other hand...

She was downright terrified.

"Yeah, but there's a million places to hide here," (Y/F/N) pointed out while looking around nervously.

"You can definitely tell you're the glass-half-full kind of person," you told your newly married friend sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, how are we going to reach him?" (Y/F/N) asked. "Have you tried calling him again?"

You pulled out your phone that you had tried calling and texting Sherlock about sixty times each with. "I'll try again, but I don't know how it'll make a difference." You dialed Sherlock's number, but to your surprise, you heard a ringing behind a tree about fifty yards away. The sound made (Y/F/N) jump out of her skin and you smiled at her. It rang for a couple seconds and then stopped.

"That must be Sherlock," you whispered. "You stay here. I'll go talk to him."

"You're going to just leave me here?" (Y/F/N) practically screams. You glared at her.

"Wake up the whole neighborhood, why don't you?" you whispered-yelled. "Just stay here. If something happens, scream. I'll come back."

There was a pause before (Y/F/N) nodded reluctantly. "Fine...But if I die out here I'm coming back to haunt you."

"Great. You can come to London with me," You turned quietly and started creeping towards the tree where you had heard the phone's ringtone. When you got there, you peeked behind to see a sight that made your chest ache.

Sitting on the ground was Sherlock, as you suspected, but he looked nothing like himself. He hugging his knees and shivering, and you could tell his eyes were obviously bloodshot and puffy even in the dark. As soon as he's seen you, his eyes narrowed as he was about to stand up to most likely run.  As he stood, you grabbed his wrist.

"Sherlock wait," you said to the man with a pleasing voice, making him hesitate. You took this opportunity to turn the curly haired man to face you. Forcing him to make eyes contact with you, you tried to explain yourself. "I can understand why your hurt and angry, but I can explain." You paused, waiting to see if he'd listen. As soon as he'd made it clear he would, you continued.

"I didn't kiss James nor did I intentionally lead him on. He asked me to dance and then kissed me. I have no feelings towards him other than brotherly love, okay?" You sighed, feeling so good that you were able to explain yourself. "I'm sorry that I made you worry and hurt you. Are you okay?"

When you were finished, you and Sherlock looked at each other for a moment before he embraced you and began to cry softly. You immediately hugged him, rubbing his back softly to comfort him.

After the curly haired man had composed himself, you and him had let go of each other. It wasn't every day that the consulting detective had an emotional breakdown. Hell, it wasn't every day that he shows emotion at all.

"I was just....afraid," Sherlock managed to say. "Afraid that I wasn't good enough. Afraid that you'd leave me. Afraid that after seeing your old home you'd want to stay here and kick me out of your life."

"Sherlock, I would never do that," you consoled your boyfriend. "I love you too much, you know that. Sure, I missed my old home, but my real home is whenever I'm with you. As for not being good enough? You're perfect just how you are and I wouldn't change a single thing about you, so stop worrying!"

This seemed to calm Sherlock down and comfort him as he leaned down and kissed you passionately, to which you responded immediately, kissing back. That kiss seemed to reassure you both that it would be okay. After you broke apart (much to your disappointment), you stared at each other lovingly.

Suddenly, Sherlock's eyes filled with anger again and you had a feeling that he wanted to kick the shit out of someone. Namely James.

"Sherlock," you said calmly. "I swear to god if you try to beat James up I will-"

"But he kissed you!" Sherlock shouted.

"I know and I'm mad at him, too, but that's no reason to kill him," you told him.

Sherlock huffed in defeat as you lead him back to the car towards (Y/F/N). You held hands and as you approached your best friend, you saw her become very relieved at the sight, despite her dislike towards your boyfriend.

---Time Skip Brought to You By---
---The Skull that Misses Sherlock---

You and Sherlock had planned to leave in only a few days. You had to admit, you missed London.

(Y/F/N) had left with Ryker for her honeymoon a few hours after helping you find Sherlock, so you and her had a tearful goodbye that night. She wished you luck and quietly whispered that she wanted to be your Maid of Honor at your's and Sherlock's soon, which you promised on the Maid of Honor bit. After that, she whispered something to Sherlock that made him become the color of roses and that he refused to share with you.

James had apologized profusely to both you and Sherlock about a million times. It started to get pretty annoying, although Sherlock had treated him colder than usual even with the apologies.

The departure at the airport was a tearful one. Especially for your mother, who was begging you to stay for another week or two. It took you forever to get her to ignore the topic almost completely.

Your father, however, talked to your boyfriend sternly in private. Knowing Sherlock, you were more afraid for your dad than your boyfriend. Then again, Sherlock might just anger him enough for the 60-year-old to become violent. At that thought, you tried to get them away from each other, insisting that you shouldn't miss your flight.

Now it was time for you and Sherlock to get on the plane, with your parents long behind you after leaving them at security.

"Ready?" Sherlock asked, looking at you.

You smiled, before answering in a cheesy manner, "Let's go home."

------------------------------

A/N: I FINISHED!!! YES!!!!

You have no idea how long it took me to get through that writer's block on this.

Again, I'm sorry for the wait, which is why I'm publishing this on the same day I published something else.

I hoped you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!

-Kris