SherlockxReader: Musical Game Show Part Two

A/N: Heyooooo!

This part was begun the day after the first part was published. So if it gets published a century later, you can't complain and say I didn't try.

Anywho, hope you enjoy.

Pairing: SherlockxReader (silence....)
Warnings: Cussing

————•————•————•————

A quick recap...

"Now, to the rules and how the game works. There will be three preliminary rounds that eliminate two people per round. Each round will have a different category. If you answer incorrectly, you will lose points and vice versa with answering correctly. The amount of points each query is worth depends on the speed, accuracy, and category. After the six from the preliminaries are eliminated, the four left will team up into two teams. Those teams will compete and whoever wins will go against the Beat Shazam machine." Bill the announcer turned towards the contestants yet again. "Is everything clear?"

You as well as the other contestants nodded unanimously.

"Then let's begin!"

And now...

Bill the announcer then began to explain how he will pick the first category out of three random envelopes. Suddenly, three white envelopes arrived on the scene, carried by a woman with a red dress that showed too much leg and a lot of chest..What a surprise!

He carefully picked one and opened it up. "And the first category will be...."

Everyone's breathe seemed to simultaneously be sucked in.

"No words!"

Your eyebrows shot up. Did that mean that they stripped the lyrics from songs or that they aren't using songs that have lyrics at all? You looked around and was grateful to see that the other contestants were also confused (with the exception of that one man with the high. cheekbones, who just looked bored).

"To those who don't know what that means," Bill said, "it means we will play both songs with and without lyrics, but will strip the lyrics. You will all have fifteen seconds to press your red buzzer and guess the song."

Bill suddenly moved to a panel that was a little bit to the left in front of you. It looked like it had buttons on it, but you couldn't tell much more than that. You readied your mind and tuned your ears to what was to come next.

"So...." The audience, apparently knowing the show well, shouted with him. "3! 2! 1! GUESS THE SONG!"

The first beat hit your ear and your mind narrowed down the possibilities instantly. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion as you focused on the first beat. Nothing moved, everything was silent. It was just you and your mind, racing to find different solutions.

It was a xylophone, which narrowed it down greatly. Possibly classical. It was also a C, so maybe a simplistic song. You had about twenty possibilities lined up.

Time sped up for the next note. As soon as it hit your ear, you knew the song. Your hand hit the red buzzer button in front of you as people stared at you.

"History Maker by Dean Fujioka," you answered swiftly and confidently.

Everyone in the room stared at you as a ding filled the air, telling you that you were correct. You looked at the other contestants, who were either astounded, angry, or had the 'oh-crap-I'm-against-a-pro' expression on their face. Except, of course, Sherlock Holmes, who just looked very interested and had a glint in his eye that told you that he meant business now.