Part seven: Munchkin

Act one, part seven

Christmas break lasted far too long for Genevieve Malfoy. She wanted to be back at Hogwarts, she wanted to see Remus again. After the ball, Remus just wouldn't leave her mind. Her body tingled thinking about the way his arms felt around her as they danced, and she got butterfly's in her stomach thinking about the way his eyes shone under the decorative lights.

She daydreamed so much her Father began to notice that she couldn't stay focused.  This gave him an excuse to lash out on her more.

He had no shame in beating her, and she began to wonder what happened to her Father to make him so cruel. To punish her further, he broke her Violin, the one thing in this house that she cared about.

The moment he smashed the violin, her love for her Father diminished. This was the ultimate act of betrayal for her, and the final straw. It was her dead grandmothers violin that he destroyed, and that could never be forgiven.

Evie made sure to gather all the pieces, so she could fix it when they got to school. It hurt her more then she could say, to realize just how her Father had changed. She had to tell Sirius, she couldn't keep it from him any longer.

The physical and mental hurt didn't go away, as she boarded  the Hogwarts express by Sirius's side. She still had a broken rib and a broken violin to fix.

"What's wrong Evie?" Sirius asked when they got into the compartment. The others hadn't arrived yet so it was the two of them. Evie couldn't take it any longer, and hugged Sirius. She needed a hug from her best friend.

"My father has changed Siri. He's become cruel, a monster." Evie said into his chest as he hugged her lightly.

"What did he do?" Sirius asked angrily, but trying to stay calm for her. Evie lifted her shirt enough for him to see the yellow and purple bruise on top of an obviously broken rib. He gasped and his face turned to stone.

"Evie! Why didn't you tell me was doing this to you?" Sirius asked sternly. She put her shirt back down and sat.

"I didn't want you to worry." She said, looking down. Remus came into the compartment then, smiling brightly, until he saw Sirius's face.

"Do you know any healing spells?" Sirius snapped suddenly.

"Yeah, why?" He asked curiously. Sirius gave a pointed look to Evie who was staring out the window.

"I can handle it." She said defiantly. Remus just gave her a look, and she got up. His breath caught in his throats when she started to hitch up her shirt, but his stomach dropped when he saw why. Her entire side was stained blue and yellow on her otherwise porcelain skin.

Without thinking, Remus had his hands on her, gently touching the bruise and coming too close to her. Neither of them minded though, they close proximity mixed with his lingering touch set Evie on fire.

"What happened?" Remus asked, recovering from his mistake and stepping away quickly. Sirius noticed the redness on both their cheeks but was too concerned for Evie to be happy about it.

"My dad. Can you just fix it, please? " Evie asked him. He just nodded and pulled his wand out of his pocket. She grabbed Sirius's hand and squeezed as a sharp, painful crack sounded throughout the compartment.