Part nine: What?

Act one, part nine

July 1977

From that day on, Remus and Evie had become everyone's favorite couple. Their relationship stayed the same, but they were closer than ever before.

The two would walk hand in hand in the corridors or were silly in the courtyard but PDA was at a minimum. It was saved for when Remus snuck Evie into the dorms where she would often spend the night cuddling with Remus.

Sirius and Wendy were both extremely supportive of the relationship, and had even started to develop one of their own, though neither of them would admit it.

When it was time for summer break, to say Remus didn't want Evie to go was a tragic understatement. He knew what was in store for her at home and wished nothing more than for Evie to come home with him.

They set up a meet up day, halfway through the summer and wound see each other then. That was if Evie could get out of the house. Evie also had a meet up day with Wendy, like they always did. Hopefully she would be able to make both.

When she arrived home, her parents were acting odd. Talked a lot on their own and plotting something. It made Evie very nervous, but at least they weren't paying attention to her.

On the day of her meet up day with Remus, three weeks into summer, her parents sat her down in the drawing room.

"You'll be 17 this November." Her mother stated. "Do you know you what that means?"

"That I can use magic out of school, miss?" Evie asked confused. Hopefully they were kicking her out.

"More importantly, it means you'll be getting married." Her mother stated.

"What? To who?" Evie asked ludicrously. She was angry, really angry. They probably wanted her to marry some pretentious pure-blood to keep the lines pure or whatever bullshit. Her father stepped forward but her mother stopped him.

"Calm down, Abraxus. This is a lot to take in." Her mother said to him. Evie was in a state of shock. Married.

"Genevieve dear, you've been promised to the Black family from the moment you were born."

What.

When Sirius and Regulus Black arrived home for summer holidays, they both noticed something was up with their parents. Sirius used this time to his advantage and often snuck out, since they weren't paying attention.

Three weeks into summer vacation, his parents called him and his brother in for breakfast. Normally they just ate on their own, which is why this was so strange. After the food had been served by the elves, his father began to speak.

"You'll be seventeen in November." His father stated blandly. He just nodded. "We've arranged for you to get marry to Genevieve Malfoy."

"You've what!" Sirius asked surprised.

"You'll marry Genevieve. If you refuse than the consequences will be fire for not just you, but both of you." His mother snapped. Sirius felt himself go numb, knowing what she meant by that.