New friends

I wake up.

As soon as my eyes open I see the pink shades of the sky through my window. Beutiful, I think.

I get up slowly and stretch my arms and back. I slept quite well. I look around me. I'm in a little grey room with a bed, a desk, a bathroom and a wardrobe. It's small but cosy. I promised to myself I would give it a personal touch one day. I stand up and, after going to the bathroom, I approach the window to look outside.

I am at the second floor, so I glance down. I spot Drift in the "courtyard", he is trying to have a yoga-session on the meadow. I can't help but smile. I'm here since five days only but I have already learned to get to know them. Each of them.

Every morning, just before the sun raises in the sky, Drift is down there doing his calming-thing. He wants to look like the calmest and the wisest of the gang yet he can't control his angry impulses.

I have learned that Sideswipe and Sunstraker are called the Terror Twins and Bumblebee warned me to always keep an eye on them as they could be ready to play a sudden prank on me.

Bumblebee became like my best friend here. He is the one whom I talk to mostly and the one whom I trust more since I'm here. Yeah, okay, I admit it. I began to trust these dudes, in the end they are not as bad as I thought.

I also found out that I'm not the only human here. There's a man named Cade Yeager who also lives with the Autobots and in a certain way takes care of them. We don't speak much but we're on good terms and that's okay to me.

After dressing up I leave my room and walk down the corridor, heading to the stairs. On my way I meet Cade.

"Morning" he greets.

"Hullo" I mumble.

"There should be some eggs down in the kitchen's fridge if you're hungry."

"Thank you."

I continue on my way down and reach the main hangar where I first met all the Autobots. There's Bumblebee.

"Hey, Bee" I say.

I got used to call him this way because apparently everyone does.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks showing true concern.

He always gives me the impression that he wants to really protect me and take care of me since the very first day he saved me. I can't hide a little smile.

"Yes, I'm okay."

And I leave towards the kitchens.

Some hours later I'm in the courtyard approaching Ironhide. I am just genuinely curious and slightly bold.

"Hey, you" I greet.

The robot turns around and looks down at me.

"What's up, human?"

"You're the weapons specialist, aren't you?" I ask.

"Yeah, very true."

"Will you show me some?"

I see him smirk. I guess he likes showing his weapons. He transforms his right arm into a cannon and reaches out to me quite threateningly. I take a step backwards, surprised. It is huge and shining and also frightening to be honest. But it's actually pretty exciting.

"Woah!"

At that point Hound approaches us.

"Will you stop bragging, Ironhide? I am the only War God here!" he exclaims taking out from I-don't-where a kind of rifle and beginning to shoot randomly at the sky.

"Geez, I wish I could see you all guys in a real fight using these things."

"Oh, you probably will soon" Ironhide says after glaring at Hound.

"Soon?"

He growls in a low voice and transforms the cannon back to his arm.

"The Decepticons are always up to something. We should keep ready, but... I don't know"

"Oh, you say the truth" Hound speaks up. "But we must wait for Prime's orders. And I hoenstly don't know what he has on his mind this time."

"What do you mean?" I ask, interested.

"It's been a while since we last saw a Decepticon" a voice behind me says and I turn to find Crosshairs. "We have no idea of where those assholes are hiding."

"So, it's Optimus Prime who decides every action?" I ask.

"Of course, he's the leader" Crosshairs confirms pretty proudly. "But I don't know... He's been acting weirdly recently."

"What do you mean?" I ask again.

Was I getting too interested? Whatever.

"Do you see him anywhere?" Ironhide asks. "No, you don't and neither I. He is closed in his chamber since days. Why? Only Primus knows" he turns around with an uncaring wave of his hand.

"Who's Primus?" I ask with my exuberant curiosity.

"Long story, lady. A long story" Crosshairs replies behind me.

I turn.

"And since when does Optimus go on like this? And why?"

"We have no idea" Hound admits.

"Some days, I don't know, probably since when you arrived" Crosshairs again.

Since when I arrived? This blocks me. Our first meeting jumps to my mind.

"Is it my fault? Should I leave?"

"No, Beatrice, I don't think so" Crosshairs answers. "Something bothers him and we don't know what. Just let's leave him to reflect on his stuff. Some hard years have passed since the War of Chicago and after that humans began to hunt us. We're hiding as much as we can. They killed one of us, Rachet. It's a lot to process and accept. He was a companion and a friend. And moreover, I guess it's not simple to be him. To be a Prime."

And with that he just turns and leave with the others. I stand still for some seconds, taking in all his words.

During that small talk I just realized one thing. I was there since five days. I got to know the Transformers.... except one. I still know nothing about Optimus Prime. I haven't talked to him yet. Well, since we first met.

My curiosity wakes up intensely. I sit on the grass and casually lose my gaze on it.

Who is this Optimus Prime?
The leader of the Autobots of course. But I know nothing else.

I immediately feel the need to know. Damn, I have this thing since I am a child. Mysteries have always intrigued me and as soon as I found one I couldn't leave it until I discovered everything I wanted. Damn. It is happening again.

But this time it is all about a big alien deadly robot all blue-and-red-flames with azure piercing optics.

Shit.

But I will succeed.
Of course I will.

I never fail.