One step closer

Everything hurts.

But if I feel pain it means that I'm not dead, at least.

What happened? This question jumps to my mind.

I try my best to open my eyes but light is blinding and even this action becomes complicated. I didn't remember of all this light in my room in the morning. Is it too late? Am I late for school? Why didn't mum call me before?

I open my eyes but I get immediately confused and need to close them again. I'm not in my room nor in my house.

"She's awake!" a voice exclaims just above me, causing a burning headache. It's not my mum's voice. "The lil lady's awake!" that voice repeats but this time from more afar.

I have already heard that voice though. Where am I? Why do I feel this pain? I must open my eyes again. I hear some steps and voices around me.

I open my eyes once more and this time I'm more used to this light intensity. I blink and try to sit but while I move my body screams. I let out a weak groan.

"Easy, Beatrice. You're not in great conditions" another calm male voice says right next to me.

It's not my father's nor my brother's and for a moment I feel relieved.

But I have already heard it. Once I am sitting on what looks like a bed I finally raise my eyes on what is in front of me.

Memories dazzle me all of a sudden, like a thunderbolt, and I just sit here still with my eyes wide open, scanning everyone in front of me.

Cade Yeager, Drift, Crosshairs, Hound and the Twins.

I live with the Transformers now.

"Oh, you're alive!" Sideswipe exclaims.

"It's good to see you again among us, lil lady" Hound says patting me on the shoulder and causing more pain, probably involuntary, and then they everyone leaves, knowing I'm fine.

My mum is dead.

That thought adds up to the fight with the Decepticons and Bumblebee being grounded.
I can't help it, sadness and fear fill me up, I feel suddenly weak and tears begin to run down my cheeks. I've been through a lot.

I suddenly hug Cade, who remained next to me. That annoying ass named Cade who is the only human at the base.

"Oh it's okay, it's okay" he tries to calm me, patting on my back. "You did it. It's alright. You're safe now."
I keep crying, letting out all my feelings at once.

I recover about half an hour later and only then I notice that I'm sitting on a bed in the main hangar and that I have a bandaged arm and ankle.

"For how long did I sleep?" I ask when I realize I can still speak.

"Two days."

"What happened?"

"Starscream shot at you but very luckily it just hit the ground in front of you and you bounced away."

"The battle? How did it end?"

"The Decepticons retreated."

"And oh! How's Bee? Is he alive?"

"Yes he is. The others repaired him and he's perfectly fine. He just had a huge energon loss."

"Where is he? I must see him."

"I told you he's fine, now you better go and shower, you'll see him later. Now he is not at the base."

I look at him quite furiously but then just roll my eyes at him.