When the bolt hits

"N-now?" I stutter passing a hand through my hair nervously

"Yes now! Run!"

His words push me like an invisible force and few seconds later I find myself in the corridor because of the situation's inertia.

But I suddenly stop. What am I doing? After all that happened... He should be the one to come and say sorry!

I turn around and return in my room to face Cade who was about to exit and looks at me like what now?!

"Why doesn't he come to me, instead? Why is it always me who must fix!?" I kinda assault him.

"Because I couldn't talk to him and ask him to" he answers as it is obvious.

"He said bad things about me to Ironhide, no matter whether he truly believed them or not. I have no reasons to go to him" I am as serious as the speaker in the tv news.

Cade stares at me placing his hands on his hips.

"Do you understand" he pronounce slowly "that if the Decepticons attack us now we are too vulnerable because he is too vulnerable? And we must solve this as soon as possible?"

I sigh and pass a hand on my face.

"I'm angry, sad and scared... d-do you understand that I'm only a girl?" my tone is suddenly weak.

"A girl in the shit up to her throat, to say the least."

"Thank you for the understanding" I say ironically and with bitterness.

"Listen, Beatrice" he seems suddenly serious and places a hand on my shoulder "Everything is going to be okay. Okay? We are your family now. I don't know what you're afraid of, but trust me when I say that you won't be alone. Anymore. We are with you, now. All of us. No matter what. If you're here, there must be a reason."

I say nothing and look at him helplessly. He continues.

"Now, I honestly don't care about what is there between the two of you. But what I know is that I do not tolerate contrasts in my family."

I smile a little bit for his view of things. I nod slightly.

"Okay" I whisper, then I raise my voice to be heard better "Okay, I'll fix this. For you."

He pats on my back as we begin to walk down the corridor.

"Good girl, you'll find Nutella pancakes in the kitchen area if you succeed."

A small laugh escapes my lips. I instinctively turn and put my arms around his neck to wrap him in a big hug.

"Thank you" I say sincerely.
He is the dad I never had.

Every step I take is a new challenge. Each one gives me more anxiousness, more desire, more scare, more trepidation.
When I find myself in front of Optimus' chamber's door, I stop. I swallow. I watch down to my feet. I wonder for the last time if it is the right thing to do. I sigh. Before giving an answer, I knock with decision.

No answer comes. Here we go again my mind says.

I open the door anyway and enter.

"Get out" his voice welcomes me.

I immediately notice that he is transformed into the truck and turned back. He probably can't see me. The dark of night enters from the windows. I close the giant door behind myself bravely.

"It's me" I speak trying not to tremble.
My voice bounces everywhere in that huge place.

Silence reigns for few moments. Then it is suddenly broken by mechanic sounds. He transforms, he is still turned away from me as if he finds it difficult to face me.

"Why are you here?" he asks.

"You know why" I answer quite hopefully.

He finally turns to face me.

"I thought you would've never come."

"I suppose you've got something to tell me."

"I might simply ask for something which I actually don't deserve: forgiving" he kneels down lowering his head.

"For what, exactly?"

"For having lied to Ironhide. For having hurt you. All for having tried to protect you once more. I'm sorry. I just can't help it."

His words hit me and snap me back in myself. All the bad memories fly away together with sadness, making room for a warm, strong feeling that I have been missing for a while.

I move some steps closer to him until my green mixes up with his blue.

"You deserve this and more, Optimus" I say "All the pain can be repaid."

His optics shine with hope.

"You're too gentle, Beatrice."

"With those who I love, yes."

"I don't deserve your love" his voice gets lower and his optics bluer.

"Well, I can't control it."

"You know, I have the very same problem."

I smile sincerely at him while I feel a weak blush colour my cheeks.

"Well, I missed you."

He lowers his hand and I istinctively climb on it.

"I missed you too, a lot."

"Let's be like this forever, please" I go casually while he lifts me at his optics-height.

"It would be a pleasure, miss."

I notice how his optics just can't leave me.

"About forgiving, though. I still want you to try a thing. You know what I'm talking about."

He sighs.

"At our next meeting" he concedes.

"Promise."

"I promise."

I smile.

Then a crazy idea jumps to my mind and I can't keep myself. I leave his hand climbing on his arm until I arrive on his shoulder. From here I reach out and succeed to leave a peck on his metallic cheek.

"It's good to have you back" I say smiling.

I smirk in victory when I notice a hint of blush on his face while he lowers his head quite shyly. This may be the cutest thing I have ever seen.