A matter of sparks

Soon after, Megatron calls his Decepticons to retreat and they all disappear in a matter of seconds

Soon after, Megatron calls his Decepticons to retreat and they all disappear in a matter of seconds. Sideswipe starts moving forward, approaching the battlefield, and as soon as we're there I get out of him.

Ironhide is losing a lot of energon while Drift and Bee help him to stand up. None of them is in great conditions but all in all they're still alive and that is the only thing that counts.

I notice how Optimus' optics search me quite desperately on the ground, but when they meet my eyes and I nod once he seems relieved. And so he looks at his Autobots. He seems tired but still glorious.

"Autobots, we haven't found the precise location of the Decepticons, but at least we know the area and this is enough. We must change base. And we'll move Southwards" he says.

"Had a good trip?" asks a sudden voice next to me. I turn, it's Cade.

"Yeah...and- Why are you looking at me that way?" his eyes look mischievous.

"What way?"

"That-, oh... never mind" I wave my hand in a disinterested way.

He laughs but I ignore him.

"Ironhide is too weak, he can't transform" says Drift to Optimus.

"Then Hound will carry him" he turns to the large greenish one who accepts. "Autobots, roll out!"

Everyone except Ironhide transform and I instinctively walk towards the flamed truck until a yellow dude flashes in front of me stopping my walk.

"Hey, Beatrice!" exclaims Bumblebee cheerfully before transforming in front of me. "Come in!"

"Uh-uhm" I stutter sending glances alternatively to the the flamed truck and the yellow car. How can I refuse? I have no reasons to. "Of course!" I fake a happy tone.

I close the door. I feel a bit guilty for having left Optimus alone. But I try not to show it.

I glance into the rearview mirror and I spot Cade approaching Optimus.

"I've missed you" says Bumblebee with a serious tone.

"Uh" I am too busy looking at Cade that enters the truck "I missed you too, Bee" I say in a distracted way.

We all start moving and follow Optimus who drives in front of everyone.

"What did you do with Optimus?" he speaks quickly and quite fidgetingly, I wide my eyes "I-I mean, did you have a good trip?"

I can't help but narrow my eyes noticing the similarity of question and behaviour by Cade and Bumblebee. What the?!
I do my best to ignore it even though it sounds mysterious.

"Yes, I have been fine" I answer as more normally as possible. "And you?"

"As well."

"Is Cade a good trip-mate?" I ask jokingly.
He chuckles.