Fear

A cool breeze wakes me up. I open my eyes and I notice many shadows in the backlight - a very powerful light. I close them again and bring my hands to them, wondering where am I.

Moving my hands on the ground I realize that what I'm touching is the cold and misty morning grass.
Did-didn't I fall asleep inside Optimus? Why am I on the grass?

A handful of scary thoughts and hypothesis fill up my head. He has abandoned me. This hits me first of all. He has protected me until now, it can't be so!

I open my eyes again, fighting against the fury of the morning sunlight, about to panic. I get up to sit and I raise my gaze narrowing my eyes and brining a hand above them. I start looking around myself. I'm in the middle of a meadow, I see woods in front of me.

I feel my heart accelerate while I jump on my feet and start turning until I see the street. And... there he is.
That damn dude who brought my feelings to the stars is standing tall, turned back, staring in the distance. The rays of the raising sun slide on his body giving it a gentle orange glow. I just sigh, forgetting all those thoughts that filled my mind few moments before.

The curves of his methallic muscles are as sinuous yet strong like the elegant ocean waves that end crashing on the reef. This view is pretty spectacular and I stand staring for some good minutes at least. When I decide it's enough I start walking towards him.

"Optimus!" I call quite cheerfully approaching him.

I act just like everything is as normal as always. But... he probably doesn't agree with me. In fact he doesn't even turn around to acknowledge my presence, but crouches down to transform after mumblung something like:

"Ah, you're up."

That leaves me astonished.
I can't understand his tone at all. I can't understand his Ah, neither his new behaviour nor his leaving me on the cold morning grass.

"We must proceed, come in" he orders seeing that I am standing still.

I frown a little bit not understanding what's wrong and do as he says.

"Uhm... You alright?" I ask after he started to move.

The answer takes a while to come.

"Yes."

I just don't reply. There is something, on the contrary, you liar! My mind thinks, but I just let it pass. It might pass. I mean, probably Transformers have their periods too or similars.

Something must have happened. Once again. Probably yesterday night. There was something in his optics that I have never seen before. I were there that night, but if you asked me exactly what happened my answer would be No damm idea. Funny, isn't it?

"You sure?" I ask once more, unable to keep myself.

"Yes."

Yes, my mind repeats. Yes, yes, yes. How much can be hidden behind a word? Possibly everything.
I sigh again. I don't know how long will this go on, but I already can't stand it. I feel a sort of pain inside of me. I have never felt anything similar.

During the lunch break I eat my food even if I'm not hungry at all while Optimus keeps staring at the horizon. I start thinking that there must be something worrying him. Probably we're approaching the Decepticons' area. I shiver at the thought. But should this justify his behaviour? I mean, he hasn't spoken a word since that dreadful "Yes"! And that killed me. I must retry.

And so we leave again, in silence. It's so frustrating. I take a decision and gather all my courage to speak.

"We've been lucky, uh? At least it's not raining" I comment casually looking outside the window but crossing my fingers mentally.