Peace before the storm

Those Nutella pancakes were awesome

Those Nutella pancakes were awesome. Most of all  because together with that chocolate I could taste victory. How sweet.

About a week has passed since Optimus and I officially accepted our mutual feelings and everything has been beautiful. Of course we kept behaving as nothing was, despite it being difficult, so that the others still wouldn't suspect anything bad.
Okay, they knew there was something, but their knowledge must stop to that 'something'. And having privacy with these dudes around (the Terror Twins casually jump to my mind) is quite a mission impossible.

But I have been happy. I'm happy, after all. Happiness is something I've been searching for ages, and now I own it. It could be a matter of weeks, months or days. I don't care at the moment: I'm living day after day.

I'm laying on the grass, in the shadow produced by the sun against our new base. My hands under my head, a leg on the other. I'm studying the occasional clouds that race in the sky. It's a windy day, today. I've already seen plenty of dogs, letters, casual objects and even a dragon. I breathe deeply relaxing completely. All the negativty seems to be suddenly disappeared from me - what happened in the past is now locked in the past with a key that I only posses.

When I'm about to figure out a new breed of dog in the sky, my imagination is stopped by Cade's voice.

"Lunch's ready!" he calls out loud from the base's entrance.

I smile, thinking of how much he sounds like a dad.

"I'm coming!" I call back and get up stretching my arms. 

I walk to the base entrance and take the corriodor which leads to the kitchen area. There is no proper kitchen in here, but we managed to make up one. On the round table in the center of the small room there is a plate with some very ugly green stuff on it, a fork and a knife lay next to it.

"What - is - this?" I pronunce slowly sitting in front of the plate and looking at it with a disgusted expression.

Cade turns to watch me like I'm the most idiotic person on Earth.

"Vegetables, of course."

"You're kidding me" it's more like a supplication.

I study that green disorder.

"You have to eat healtheir miss, you won't survive another month going on with burritos and burgers."

Said that he goes out of the room dramatically for coming back in with his head a moment later. He points a finger to me.

"Eat."

And then disappeares completely. I roll my eyes and look back down at the vegetables. Cade is right, after all. But I'd rather call Megatron my Lord instead of eating this. In any case, I grap my fork.

I spend the afternoon in the courtyard playing with Bumblebee. Basically he runs and I chase him and when I touch him the roles change.
Of course he doesn't run at his best speed or I'd have no chances to catch him.

"Come here, you bee!" I yell almost out of breath.

He does it on purpose: he lets me get closer and as soon as I reach out, he accelerates suddenly.

Only casually and occasionally I realize the fact that I'm playing around with a deathly alien Autobot warrior.

I run fast and I almost don't breath. He is close and instead of reaching out I jump forward taking him off guard - he stumbles and fall and I land directly on him.

"Caught!" I smirk.

"I see" he says and I suddenly realize that I'm standing on my knees with my hands on his chest. I immediately hope that Optimus is not looking.

I climb off and reach the ground, sitting down to rest, ignoring what just happened. Nothing happened.
He gets up to sit as well.

"I'm done for today" I wave my hand nonchalantly.

"Pity, I liked this game" he says.

I keep breathing.

"Yeah, at least we have something to do" I nod my head towards Hound who sits in the distance, apparently doing nothing.

"It's been a long since I last played like this" he said.

"When was your last time, except for the ones with me?" I ask curiously.

He looks thoughtful for a moment.

"Never, actually."

"How sad. But I mean, you've never been children? Or... Do you have parents? I don't know how, well, how things work with you, you know."

"We do have what you call parents. But of course things are a bit different for us. I myself have more than thousand years I guess, I never counted them. Yeah, we last a lot" he adds noticing my stunned expression.

"Blimey, you're so cool."

"You too" he says and I smile politely.

"Beatrice" he says after some moments of silence "Do you think Cybertronian-Human relationships can exist?"

My eyes grow wide in surprise but I fastly hide it and try to act as if it was the most normal question ever.

"I don't know honestly. They probably can if there's love. Because love can't be controlled. That's all. What do you think?"

"Mmh. The same."

I nod.

"You're a very nice girl, you know."

I must keep myself not to jump to the sky.

"Thanks Bee, you're nice yourself" I answer politely as always.

My eyes are stubbornly fixed in front of me.

"I-I wanted to tell you this since a long time..."

What. Is. Going. On. Here.
Can please a meteor crash down nearby right now?

"What do you want to tell me?" I ask nochalantly.

"I..."

"AUTOBOTS!" a strong voice thunders suddenly.

I turn, it's Hound. Everyone runs outside.

Hound, I love you so incredibly much.

"I'm receiving a signal" he continues, I stand up to approach him as an excuse to run away from Bumblebee. Poor Bee, I feel so guilty.

"The Decepticons. They're coming."

Tension is suddenly spread through the air. I swallow and raise my head.

I exchange a look with Optimus, knowingly.