The Prime's hidden side

I wake up after a deep and relaxing dreamingless sleep. I'm crouched in a very warm and cosy place that seems to invite me to fall asleep again and I'm about to accept that proposal when the whole place boggles and I open my eyes definitely.

I immediately realize that I am on the passenger seat inside Optimus and quickly all the memories of the prior day come to my mind forming a soft smile on my lips. I fell asleep just like a baby. I try to get up a little bit in order to glance outside the window and I notice that we're already travelling.

"I see you're up" the radio greets with Optimus' voice.

"Why didn't you wake me up before?" I ask and then yawn.

"You were sleeping profoundly. And you looked peaceful. I didn't want to break that."

An idea comes to my mind and I turn towards the radio as if I'm talking directly to him.

"Were you watching me sleep?"

"Uhm... I've happened to, maybe" he answers hesitantly.

An instant blush colors my cheeks.

"I am sorry" he continues.

"Oh n-no, no need to be. I'm okay with that" I say quickly. "Me too, you know. I happen to watch you sometimes."

Geez, what did I just say? Some conversations shouldn't exist. Can I disappear instantly?

"I noticed."

Damn.

"Did you sleep well?" he asks.

"Actually way better than I had in a long time" I answer sighing.

"I'm glad."

I smile and wonder if he can see it.

We keep travelling for hours and stop only for a break at lunch-time. We are moving towards Iowa and the street we are following is always more surrounded by woods as we proceed.

It's about three o'clock when we leave after the break. The sun has reached its usual killer-mode.

"We should talk about something" I go casually, after few minutes of silence.

"What do you suggest?"

"Mmmh, I don't know..."

"I could tell you all about the Decepticons."

I sigh realizing that that was not what I am looking for.

"I'd rather know about you, actually."

"There's not much."

"Oh, I think there is, on the contrary. You know, I..." am I really about to say this? Evidently. "I'm trying to figure out more about you since the first time that I met you. I am strongly convinced that there's more under there."

"Excuse me, where?"

I laugh a little bit.

"I meant that I am sure there's something more behind your Prime-warrior-mode."

"Have you ever thought of it being private?" he speaks with a sudden super serious tone that makes me shiver.

I begin to fidget.

"Oh, I... I didn't mean to.. well, uhm. Forgive me" I want to disappear once again.

"It's okay."

Some moments of silence pass.

"What's your favourite colour?" I ask nonchalantly. "Or is that private too?"

He chuckles. It's such a beautiful sound. It warms me.