Redemption

This is the night before what seems to be the final fight

This is the night before what seems to be the final fight. Indeed what Optimus is going to do tomorrow might really put the word 'end' to the war. It's going to be dangerous. His bravest action. Either he suceeds or he dies.

I'm in my bed at the base and I can't sleep. The stars watch me from the sky that enters through my window like million eyes. I'm scared because tomorrow could be Optimus' end (well, ours too) and I still haven't managed to directly tell him what I feel. I am so regretful for not having said it to him. I bite my inferior lip while my heart keeps beating fast. I don't know what to do to calm down.

I have lost all my chances already. Because I was too shy, to insecure... Unless... an idea jumps to my mind and my heart starts beating even faster. I get up to sit on my bed and stare at my room's door.

Unless I go to him now. This may be my very last possibility. I sigh, wondering whether it is a bad idea. But after all I just leave my room. It's 2 in the morning.

After having walked down various corridors I find myself in front a large metallic door. I don't even bother to knock and I enter. As I expected, he is in his truck-mode.

"Optimus" I call with an insecure voice.

He transforms immediately and kneels to watch me closer.

"Beatrice, what's the matter? Shouldn't you be resting?" his tone is full of concern.

"I can't sleep" I say very sincerely.

"Is there any way I can help you?"

I swallow and lower my gaze. I so hate being shy.

"Staying with you already helps, honestly" I say.

I hear what sounds like a sigh and I see that he reaches out with his hand for me to climb on. I do not hesitate.

"You're worried for tomorrow, aren't you?"

"Worried isn't enough to describe my status, I guess."

His left hand's finger forces me to raise my head and I meet his blue optics.

"I can't promise that everything is going to be okay, you already know this. But you won't forget who am I. And what am I capable of."

I'm lost in his optics like in a trance. I could touch his face if I reached out with a hand. I bite my inferior lip.

"Optimus, I..." why is it so difficult to say "I... You're so important to me a-nd I... I don't want to lose you."

A small shy smile forms on his lips and I feel suddenly tempted to do something.

"It's you who pleaded me to do what I'm going to do."

"Don't do it anymore, I changed idea, please"

"I'm doing it, Beatrice, for you. I want to end this war. It'd be too dangerous for you and I don't want that something bad happens to you. I'm doing this to repay for all my mistakes."